THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prime costco packers, have been buying 15 to 18 lbs each for around $47 here in the SF bay area. Used to only have thin flats. I hope they keep them coming.

Interesting. I've been finding packers at smart n final, but I can only find choice. I'd had only ever seen the trimmed flats before at like 4.99/lb. :shocked:

Always Sams, and then the local butcher where I get the rest of the cow.

But I live in a beef/ag state, so I'm lucky that Sams has great quality and good prices. :-D

Anyone in or near Nebraska see the "point" only for sale? I lost my source. Used to be able to buy a case of points for $2.00 a pound. Resealed them and cooked 2 extra points for burnt ends when cooking brisket.

Can't get packers at Costco around here. I've never seen select-grade meat anywhere in my life. I get briskets mostly from Creekstone Farms (Prime) and Snake River Farms (Wagyu). I have never had good luck with choice-grade brisket from anywhere.

You have a restaurant depot or Wally World near you? Both tend to have decent packers....for New Jersey anyway....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Costco is the King of PRIME BRISKET PACKERS... smoked many from Costco without any problems.

Think i'll die if they ever raise their price

I get choices and primes from Sam's. Not sure why but sometimes they have all choice, other times all prime. My Christmas brisket was a full prime packer 15 lbs and was only $2.68/lb. I thought it was a steal

Prime from Costco......we are spoiled in Texas, there was a case of 20+ to pick from last week when I ran to grab one.

Yeah, I see that a lot. Posts from Texas boys quoting awesome prices for prime. I envy you guys.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs and I would think the midwest would be at least friendly to beef...

But Walmart here has nothing but super trimmed flats with no marbling. Supermarkets...nothing. If you do find a trimmed flat, it's like $8/LB. GTFO.

The best i've found is a local butcher selling CAB choice packers for $4.95/LB...on sale.

To the OP, I would bet being in VT if I have that right, it's even rougher.

Look online.

I haven't been able to get packers from Costco here in a while. Only find select at Walmart. Thinking about the trip to restaurant depot. Does KCBS membership still get you a day pass to restaurant depot?

Walmarts.........

Sorry, but I don't trust any meat that comes from Way-Mart. I have no scientific proof to back up my feelings. Just the overall knowledge that Was-Mart will buy from the cheapest distributor. It just feels like you are basically buying the McDonalds of briskets when you buy form them. I know price is a point of most peoples cooking habits. But I just can't bring myself to buy meat from them. I will gladly shell out the extra five or six dollars to buy a brisket from Costco, Kroger, Tom Thumb or Alberstons. Just my personal opinion.

Ya they Suck...... .....

That's why I keep buying them and cooking them for Friends, Family n CoWorkers and at N Texas Bash(s).....

In fact this Crowd just about tarred n feathered me when they tried my WallyMart Brisket.....

DISGUSTING:

Right here you can see the Green Juice - AntiFreeze probally - that Walmart has injected into their Briskets to up the weight......... I should sue.........

Last edited:
Back