What do you eat at a terrible BBQ joint?

If you're at a Dickie's, I'd suggest a pickle and the soft serve ice cream.

Tough to eff up pulled pork sammich...but this place in Richmond did it...ill just eat tums

LOL. I was driving through the "city" of Rome, NY this summer around lunch time and found some guy making bbq out of a big ol stickburner on the side of the road... seemed like a no-brainer so I stopped and got a pulled pork sammich. I honestly don't think I could have possibly gotten a worse one. He would've done much better using a crockpot and liquid smoke. I threw away his $8 sammich after 3 bites. I couldn't identify what exactly was wrong with it, other than some completely unnatural taste.

It'll be interesting if he's a brother here

I thought Dickies was known for having good chain bbq? I saw someone on facebook that lives in TX eating dickies, so I assumed maybe it was good? Hard to believe a subpar bbq joint could last in TX.

I will usually go for the "already chewed pork sammie" especially if it is loaded with some sauce, or if extra sauce is available. When I was on the road I found some small truckstops/fuel stops that had bbq sammies in some type of heated contraption. They were edible, but far from good, but usually included a pickle that increased the bland taste to something I could eat and follow up with a couple of Tums.

A lot of times I would grab a cold pimento cheese sammie out of the cooler and go on for a couple of hundred more miles.

Blessings,

Omar

Well...

If you already think the foods going to be bad, tell them you are fasting and don't eat. Otherwise, get the dirt cheap special so you don't have a problem buying food you won't eat.

You could also make some horrible BBQ the day before so you could appreciate the restaurants better....:noidea:

There is always someone who is gonna really dig someplace, just need enough to make some money. I have a friend from Austin, who just flat loves The Salt Lick, it is his standard for great BBQ. Others folks tell me different, but, obviously he has a lot of company.

There is always someone who is gonna really dig someplace, just need enough to make some money. I have a friend from Austin, who just flat loves The Salt Lick, it is his standard for great BBQ. Others folks tell me different, but, obviously he has a lot of company.

it's not bad, but it isn't all it's made out to be and way overpriced for what it is

Honestly, I rarely order BBQ out anymore period.
Just like I rarely order a steak.

Been disappointed to many times.

I tried a new place the other day that I saw something on the news about called, "Zachy's Hot Dogs and Smokehouse BBQ".

I got a Chicago dog and Italian Beef. :becky:

The place I go has fries with pulled prok and sauce with all kinds of options like onions and chees.. Covers up the bad taste of the pork lol

I thought Dickies was known for having good chain bbq? I saw someone on facebook that lives in TX eating dickies, so I assumed maybe it was good? Hard to believe a subpar bbq joint could last in TX.

Is there such a thing a good chain bbq? I am not so sure. I used to eat at the original restaurant and thought it was okay. This current generation of Dickies has been expanding so fast, it is probably hard to keep up with quality.

I grew up down the street from the Dickies in Dallas. I had bbq cooked on a smoker in their backyard on 4th of July in the late 70s when I was 10 years old or so. They knew what they were doing! They helped start a life long love of bbq.

I normally go with sausage or "pulled pork". I use quotes there because it is normally shredded so fine that they can serve it with an ice cream scoop.

You could also make some horrible BBQ the day before so you could appreciate the restaurants better....:noidea:
Well, maybe YOU could, but some of us don't know how to do that.:tongue:

I'll go with the pulled pork sandwich crowd.

Back