What type of meats do you cook but won't eat?

Papa said if you kill it you eat it!!!
Woodpecker about like eating a work boot
Skunk has a little weird taste to it!!!!
i will eat just about anything except for them two

My kin had a chicken ranch in Arkansas when I was young. Of course those birds were fresh with no growth hormone back then. BBQed, and fried was the way to go. Nowadays, with these big chickens to where their ankles will break under their own weight if they are not harvested when around 6 months old, the stuff tastes like rubber to me. I will Cajun fry turkeys and chickens in my Big Easy oil less turkey fryer but they just do not taste worth a crapp smoked or grilled anymore.

Will do cedar planked salon on the grill but fry fish normally.

So far nothing I won't eat. I do cook stuff others won't touch, yet I love. ALL edible innards. Intestines, heart, liver, kindneys, tongue (beef, lamb, and pork), sheep Brian's, eyeballs, beef brains and eyeballs. Lmao. Did I gross any of you out yet? Good stuff if prepared the right way. Cold beer and hot salsa helps too!

Bob

Last edited:
So far nothing I won't eat. I do cook stuff others won't touch, yet I love. ALL edible innards. Intestines, heart, liver, kindneys, tongue (beef, lamb, and pork), sheep Brian's, eyeballs, beef brains and eyeballs. Lmao. Did I gross any of you out yet? Good stuff if prepared the right way. Cold beef and hot salsa helps too!

Bob

I've got a possum recipe Bob.

1 fresh road kill possum.
Place possum on 2X2 plywood board.
Place in oven at 350* until done.
Remove from oven and scrape into trash.
Discard board. :becky:

I've known folks that would actually eat them and no, I'm not related to any of them. :tsk:

Nothing that you can throw on the barbeque that I wont eat. I like to try new food and to eat everything. I'm not a fan of raw tomatoes, but after they go on the bbq, they are a little sweeter and yummier. I wouldnt cook food I dont like.

So, as far as opening a good place...Lots of people like bbq and fries :wacko:

So far nothing I won't eat. I do cook stuff others won't touch, yet I love. ALL edible innards. Intestines, heart, liver, kindneys, tongue (beef, lamb, and pork), sheep Brian's, eyeballs, beef brains and eyeballs. Lmao. Did I gross any of you out yet? Good stuff if prepared the right way. Cold beef and hot salsa helps too!

Bob

I guess you can't be picky that close to Mexico. :hand:

I won't cook anything that I wouldn't eat. I'm not a fan of chicken breasts but I will cook them occasionally for my wife and eat a couple. Very occasionally I will add. I grew up dirt poor and we ate what was put in front of us or did without so not much that I won't hit.

I guess you can't be picky that close to Mexico. :hand:

LMAO. Says the guy who won't eat smoked chicken or turkey. And I'm picky. :laugh: What the hell does Mexico have to do with this? Geez. LOL. I bet a visit would cure your smoked chicken and turkey aversion. Guaranteed! Many times, it just takes someone to cook it the right way, and you are hooked. Expand the horizons, you never know.

Bob

I'm surprised how many won't cook foods that they don't eat.
Cooking is one of my hobbies. Cooking foods I don't eat I find as another challenge. To become better at this hobby.
I've had to eat plenty of really bad food/meals. Reason I don't like alot of foods I'd guess.
Some of the stuff I cook but don't eat, and on a pretty regular basis.
salmon, pork chops, meatloaf, shrimp, lobster, lamb.
I also cook/smoke stuff I love but cannot eat due to health issues.
My wife is also a great cook. But she won't try using/running one of my smokers as long as I won't bake cookies or brownies. That is a rule around here. :biggrin1:

So far nothing I won't eat. I do cook stuff others won't touch, yet I love. ALL edible innards. Intestines, heart, liver, kindneys, tongue (beef, lamb, and pork), sheep Brian's, eyeballs, beef brains and eyeballs. Lmao. Did I gross any of you out yet? Good stuff if prepared the right way. Cold beer and hot salsa helps too!

Bob

I'm going to Bob's house!!! :thumb:

My kin had a chicken ranch in Arkansas when I was young. Of course those birds were fresh with no growth hormone back then. BBQed, and fried was the way to go. Nowadays, with these big chickens to where their ankles will break under their own weight if they are not harvested when around 6 months old, the stuff tastes like rubber to me. I will Cajun fry turkeys and chickens in my Big Easy oil less turkey fryer but they just do not taste worth a crapp smoked or grilled anymore.

Will do cedar planked salon on the grill but fry fish normally.

Yep, I get free range no hormone no antibiotic chicken from my cousin. He raises them and does all the dirty work. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Store bought chicken doesnt compare. I still buy stuff from the store, however i can deffinitely taste a difference. Of course im paying twice as much for the good stuff.

Back