What do you eat at a terrible BBQ joint?

I wing it, a lot depends on what I see at the counter.

Sausage is usually safe though. And if they have Macaroni and cheese, I go for that

Cheapest thing on the menu so I waste as little cash as possible. Or I just get beans since my wife hates them and won't allow them in the house

+1 for the sausage. Just hope that it doesn't come out of the microwave like a gal tried to give me at Rudy's. I was also there because of friends. They swore by the Rudy's in Austin.

My first choice would be beef ribs, no sauce. Second would be sausage, it's pretty safe.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Hmm, anytime I get dragged out to the Dinosaur BBQ I just skip to food and drink the beer!

if I know it's going to be bad, I go for the chopped bbq sandwich. I've found it's usually the most tolerable choice since it comes with onions and pickles.

They used to be decent at best. Their consistency has gone way down since their good ol' days in the early 2000s. I believe it was 5 or 6 years ago or so that some restaurant conglomerate bought them out. Since then they are basically just building a brand and focusing on the opening of restaurants rather than bbq.

Back