So Cal Bash 2016?

Well, I think the best way to break in a new RK is at a Brethren Bash:

IMG_5581.jpg

The one pictured above will still be there and if anybody feels the need, they can take it home. I'm gonna get the new critter all assembled, make sure everything is cool with it, and if it is, I'll hit the "for sale" section with the one above.

Cool! I'm trying to only work a half day Friday. I'll be picking up the pig and the lamb (don't feel like running after the pig during the Bash) on the way home. And I'm hoping to have gotten a lot done before Friday - we'll see how that goes!

Speaking of Friday, I know frognot wants to head down to Bigmista's on Friday, and I'm guessing Phubar and Padawan might want to as well. That might be best knocked out earlier in the day 'cause Friday before Labor Day traffic in L.A. - esp. the 405 - is gonna be :shocked:

Anyway, as we get closer, we'll see what all needs to happen and I'll let you know what's up - thanks G - very much appreciated! :clap2:

Let me know. I was gonna come up and help prep but I'll go to the shop if you guys are coming.

Greg you can change my status to confirmed:grin:

were gonna be heading up to help my mother on sunday so that is out but looking forward to this very much

we are thinking about bringing some sides pasta salad and stuffed shrooms and a big cooler full of beverages

I'm getting in Friday morning a little bit after 8:00.

Cool. I'll have to work at least a half day Phriday. As much as I'd love to go to Bigmista's with y'all, it's probably a better idea if y'all hit it earlier in the day, or else you'll be in miserable traffic later. I'll start a PM thread to get all logistical and whatnot.

**edit** I'll send the PM's when Phubar cleans out his PM box! :mmph:

Greg you can change my status to confirmed:grin:

were gonna be heading up to help my mother on sunday so that is out but looking forward to this very much

we are thinking about bringing some sides pasta salad and stuffed shrooms and a big cooler full of beverages

Fantastic! I'll update! :whoo:

oh and I booked a room at the Culver inn, How far is that to your place?

Walking or stumbling?

It's probably about a 10 minute walk or a just a few minutes in the car. It's a nice little walk - we do it all the time. There's a movie theater, a Trader Joe's, and a bunch of restaurants around there, but I don't think you'll have much use for the restaurants.

Now that I think about it, we have a bunch of cool little ethnic markets and a great restaurant supply/gourmet shop in the area. I'll put together a list in case anybody wants to check 'em out while out this way.

--edit-- just looked it up - Culver Hotel is 1.1 miles from my house.

Woo hoo! This time next week I should be in California.

Practicing my pie cooking today and tweaking the recipe a wee bit because that's what I do. Folks at work this weekend can be my taste testers.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk"]California Dreamin'- Mamas & The Papas - YouTube[/ame]

Back