South East Bash

There was talk a while back (2-3 years?) about possibly having one in a somewhat central location, such as Tennessee, but that kind of fizzled out. I would be willing to do anything that I can to help plan one. What say ye, fellow brethren within the boundaries of the best conference in NCAA Football?

Dennis, Blythewood BBQer, has had a few near Columbia SC. We made the first one and there was a good turnout but then it klinda fizzled out. I remember there has been some talk of a Spring one before the weather gets too hot. We are definitely interested in attending one if our schedule works out.

Dennis, Blythewood BBQer, has had a few near Columbia SC. We made the first one and there was a good turnout but then it klinda fizzled out. I remember there has been some talk of a Spring one before the weather gets too hot. We are definitely interested in attending one if our schedule works out.

I attended the last one in SC, and I remember quite a few were signed up but as it got closer, things started coming up, folks cancelled and there were on 3 of us Brethren (6 total). Needless to say, we took home a lot of food.

The Chicago Bash has fizzled out, seems most would rather go to a BBQ restaurant than cook. STL had one a few years back. Cali guys haven't had one in years. SirPorkalot said adios to the site, so no more Ohio bashes. Seems the only ones left are the two Texas Bashes.

I just checked a map for convenient locations for a SE bash, and Huntsville, Al., Nashville and Memphis in Tn. all look like good locations that should be centrally located for quite a few brethren. Is there any interest in any of those locations? If we can acquire a good spot for a bash, can you attend if you commit? I wouldn't mind putting in some time and effort in arranging everything if we can get a good enough attendance to make it worthwhile.

It's a great idea. Depending on factors and dates I may could make any of those locations. My Shreveport Bash plans fell through.

I was trying to think of a date that wouldn't interfere with yours, Mike, but since May is now open, is anyone interested in a Bash in May, and how many prefer Memphis and how many Nashville? By the way, I would want to avoid the Memphis in May comp for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I was trying to think of a date that wouldn't interfere with yours, Mike, but since May is now open, is anyone interested in a Bash in May, and how many prefer Memphis and how many Nashville? By the way, I would want to avoid the Memphis in May comp for obvious reasons.

I was trying to plan for the weekend before Memorial Day. The last one I had was Memorial Day weekend. Bad idea. Lot of folks already had plans. Just FYI in case you get something going. :thumb: Like I said mine fell through for next May.

I'm going to throw May 4th, 2024 as a very tentative date out there. The next weekend is Mother's Day weekend and that may be a little tricky and later in the month is busy for me at work, so how does that look for everyone?

Back