So Cal Bash 2016?

Oh whaaaaat! Bigmista is showing up?!? Now I have to find a way to meet the legend.

PS: I can't believe I'm saying this as this might be the first and last time you see me(because the wife is going to kill me), but gtr, let me know about that ranch kettle lol

I can't think of a better way to go than eating barbecue with the brers. Unless it's eating barbecue in Hawaii.

Hope to see you there!

And I am confirmed! What can I bring? Desserts? Drinks?

Sound good! Looking forward to seeing you!

We were already pretty good on grill space. Now we're really good on grill space.

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Looks good. You gonna get it dirty before the bash?

I'm actually getting it clean right now! :laugh:

But I'll be getting it dirty tomorrow. :thumb:

No way is that thing sitting in my yard and not getting cooked on ASAP!

There was a fair amount of rust to remove from the grates. I've gotten mostl of it, but still a little to go. I hit the inside of the lid with the rag to knock of the loose char type stuff.

Pork, beef, chicken, fish, and lamb.
Veggies for non carnivores.
Savory and sweet carbs.
Cabo.

Does it get any better? Cmon socalians. Get your q on.

And not just SoCalians! We got 'em coming from all over! :whoo:

Soooo...what are we going to eat on Sunday?

Pig! Plus there'll be Puerto Ricans cooking mofongo! Well, one will be cooking it, the other one will probably be eating it. Hopefully my bro from LA will be bringing either the gumbo or jambalaya. Maybe we can talk Phubar and Padawan into whipping up a little somthin' :hungry:.

And not just SoCalians! We got 'em coming from all over! :whoo:

Pig! Plus there'll be Puerto Ricans cooking mofongo! Well, one will be cooking it, the other one will probably be eating it. Hopefully my bro from LA will be bringing either the gumbo or jambalaya. Maybe we can talk Phubar and Padawan into whipping up a little somthin' :hungry:.
Maybe I'll create something with the inevitable leftovers...

My flight touches down around 11:30am on Friday. By about 3:00p I can do whatever you need me to do pre-bash. (Prep, clean that sort of stuff).

Cool! I'm trying to only work a half day Friday. I'll be picking up the pig and the lamb (don't feel like running after the pig during the Bash) on the way home. And I'm hoping to have gotten a lot done before Friday - we'll see how that goes!

Speaking of Friday, I know frognot wants to head down to Bigmista's on Friday, and I'm guessing Phubar and Padawan might want to as well. That might be best knocked out earlier in the day 'cause Friday before Labor Day traffic in L.A. - esp. the 405 - is gonna be :shocked:

Anyway, as we get closer, we'll see what all needs to happen and I'll let you know what's up - thanks G - very much appreciated! :clap2:

Back