South East Bash

Mentioned this to my nephew Glenn who is Gatordawg here. He lives in Jackson (between Memphis and Nashville) and we plan on being at the SE Bash next year. His daughter lives in Knoxville and due to have a baby next April so the bash is conveniently located.

I just finalized our trip itinerary.
6 campgrounds, 4 states, 1,936 miles in 2 weeks.
I added a stop on the way to the Bash so we didn't have such a long day getting there.
Looking forward to this!
Stopping in Louisville? Thinking of stopping either on the way down or the way back up to hit a few more distilleries along the Bourbon Trail.

Also need to check out Nashville while I'm down there. Never been.

We're staying at Kentucky Dam St Park, Andy, in Gilbertsville.
We've been going to that area since '07, but usually stay at Moors Resort.
It's gotten so popular, that you pretty much have to make a reservation a year or more in advance.

Wonder if chocolate chip bourbon pecan pie pairs well with Malort?

Don't recall, did you bring your pie to the Chicago bash? You and Grabnabber sure did seem to enjoy the Malort.

KDpm2mZl.jpg

No idea why, but the old Chicago Bashes were the only ones where that Malort disappeared.

I6INmJxl.jpg

eEAY4Scl.jpg

Thanks for reaching out to me Mike and letting me know about this.

I have no idea if I could even attend. The Friday before we went to the mountains in October I got the unfortunate news that Gretta, beloved mascot of the Carolina Bashes has cancer. We discussed all options between the vet, myself, Wendy, and my dad since he walks her everyday we're working, and all keep coming up to the same point. She's 13 year old German Shepherd, let's keep her comfortable as possible. She struggled sometimes getting in and out the 5th wheel even with the nicest ramp I could buy. We HAD decided to stay parked until... As I say had. Work is even more screwed than ever and I've been spending time painting and trying to keep my mind off it. Don't worry work WILL NOT interfere with any plans we make. Gretta is still super happy and as energetic as a 13 year old GSD can be. She seems to like this new level of spoiling she's been placed into.

I truly want to make this and quite frankly need a Brethren Bash, but all I can say is I'll keep looking at things here and see. Wendy is on board but we just don't know about Gretta`s condition. She is our world so her comfort is all I care about from now until. Sorry guys would love to give a hard yes but I can't.

Back