Pork Burnt Ends are Fatastaliscous.

So what is the protocol here? Did you cook the butt whole to a slicing temp then cut it up, re-rub and back on the smoker?

I might try this for a party appetizer, but I don't want to wing it if I don't have to.

I had 2 10 lb BoneIn Butts and cut them 60/40 so the 40% was Boneless and put all 4 in Smokers at 250*ish. I removed the 2 smaller boneless Butts when they hit 174* and 178* and thick sliced then chunked them, sprinted more Rub on and popped back into the smoker in pan till the other 2 Butts were ready. I did drizzle them with sauce for last 30 minutes.

So what is the protocol here? Did you cook the butt whole to a slicing temp then cut it up, re-rub and back on the smoker?

I might try this for a party appetizer, but I don't want to wing it if I don't have to.

YES exactly and drizzled sauce for last 30-45 minutes.

I saw a method one time cant remember where but you take one butt and do a circular cut and basically flatten out the butt to one big rectangle. maybe try that

The epic thread Marubozo had his new
Q joint selling burnt ends like crazy.
Now I know what it is, and I WANT ONE!!!!! ok.. 10.

Jeremy is selling burnt ends off brisket points-best tasting meat on the planet. This however looks crazy good, will have to try.

Back