Burnt Ends Are A Specific cut of Beef

Looks Grand, but we call that steak bites here.

Yeah, those aren't burnt ends. I don't care what anyone says, "burnt ends" are the outside edges of a brisket that result from slicing up a whole cooked brisket to serve. It's not "cubed point", although there are probably some "burnt ends" in there as a result. "Burnt ends" are not what is generally turned in with a competition brisket turn in box....that is cubed point (it's delicious!). It's a very specific thing, and anything outside of that is "faux burnt ends" at best...but that doesn't mean all those faux things aren't tasty as well.

Boneless?

Next you are going to tell me "boneless" chicken wings aren't wings, they are just spicy chicken nuggets.

Alright, you brought up one of my pet peeves. Referring to a cut of meat as being boneless when the traditional meat is not the meat in the cut being advertised as boneless such as wings or especially ribs. Wings are bad enough, but RIBS? Dave you already addressed the wings so I will rant about the boneless ribs.

To this old guy, the definition of ribs CONTAINS the word bone in the description of the cut. Even the KCBS requires rib turn ins to contain a rib bone. To compound my problem with boneless ribs, I have never seen a boneless rib that contained rib meat itself. The boneless ribs I see are nothing more than meat harvested from the shoulder area that has no bone in the shoulder cut strip.

I guess if those boneless strips of shoulder meat contained part of the shoulder blade they would be labeled as country style ribs which is another mislabeling that irritates me. Been a while since my college anatomy class, but the last I knew the shoulder area of a mammal does not contain rib bones. A true country style rib is cut from the spinal area of the and may or may not a partial rib and will have part of the chine bone off the spine as well. Following this new line of mislabeling meat cuts, I guess a boneless strip of loin could be called a boneless back rib.

End of rant.......... Thanks for letting me vent.

Alright, you brought up one of my pet peeves. Referring to a cut of meat as being boneless when the traditional meat is not the meat in the cut being advertised as boneless such as wings or especially ribs. Wings are bad enough, but RIBS? Dave you already addressed the wings so I will rant about the boneless ribs.

To this old guy, the definition of ribs CONTAINS the word bone in the description of the cut. Even the KCBS requires rib turn ins to contain a rib bone. To compound my problem with boneless ribs, I have never seen a boneless rib that contained rib meat itself. The boneless ribs I see are nothing more than meat harvested from the shoulder area that has no bone in the shoulder cut strip.

I guess if those boneless strips of shoulder meat contained part of the shoulder blade they would be labeled as country style ribs which is another mislabeling that irritates me. Been a while since my college anatomy class, but the last I knew the shoulder area of a mammal does not contain rib bones. A true country style rib is cut from the spinal area of the and may or may not a partial rib and will have part of the chine bone off the spine as well. Following this new line of mislabeling meat cuts, I guess a boneless strip of loin could be called a boneless back rib.

End of rant.......... Thanks for letting me vent.

Lol, I agree with you. Never got the need to call them boneless wings other than making people feel like they were still eating an "adult" meal vice kids nuggets. Don't get me wrong I like a good nugget or tender, just call it what it is.

Where do you fall then on the McRib? Surely it gets an exemption as it is truly a miracle of engineered food.

Is Mustang, has horsey thingie in grill, has Mustang split vertical rear lamps.
It's just the middle part that needs fixin.
Ed

Back