BBQ Leftovers

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Clark
No pics, but I did cook.
I had 8 lbs of pulled pork leftover from my cook for the United States Watermelon Speed Eating and Seed Spitting Championship. (They sold all 50 pounds, BIG money maker for them.)
Schmeared some flour tortillas with re-fried beans, applied a healthy dose of chopped onion, some diced jalapeno, and some pulled pork. Rolled them and into a cake pan they went.
Covered with red enchilada sauce and shredded co-jack cheese.
Into a 350 oven till everything is all hot and gooey.
Enough for supper for the two of us, and leftovers for lunch.
Pulled Pork Encharittos. :-D

Importantly it seems you contributed to a generally worthy cause. Now this Watermelon munching and spitting thing is a bit out of my wheelhouse, but I gather it's for a cause.

And you got some lephtovers!

Well done!

Bill

Schmeared is a culinary term that is often underused.

Agreed. I normally hear schmeared used with bagels and cream cheese. I use a lot more bean dip, schmeared bean dip :laugh:.
Excellent choice

Last edited:
My Norwegian heritage is at play here.
Smør (my family pronounces it "schmer") is the Norwegian word for butter and we use it to describe spreading some type of material on something. For example this morning I had to apply ointment to my dog, told him he needed me to put on his smør.
It easily becomes "schmear".

Sounds amazing. Have to say pulled pork is probably my favorite BBQ leftovers. So many options on ways to use it!

Back