Help Big Mista Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bigmista.com/bigmistas-view/the-smoker-has-landed

Favorite quote from the posting: "We don't want to overwhelm y'all with our SMOKY-MANLINESS."
smiley-gen145.gif

I wanted to share some pics with you guys but I guess I need to post them somewhere first. I'll ask Neil when he wakes up.

Yippee! :clap2: Of your new place?

And here's a look at Mrs and Bigmista's gofundme page that is raising money for the Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop!

http://www.gofundme.com/6ok0tc

And some random turkey pron…… cause we can't get enough pron and smoked turkey is the new flavour. :becky:

^ Hey, I smoke my turkeys back up, too! Gives a juicier breast with no basting, 'cause when you're lookin', you're not cookin'.

After the paint

I've only shared these photos with you guys. Unless you've stopped by no one else has seen these except my mom, dad, sister, cousin and nephew. You guys made this possible so I wanted you to see what YOU ALL help create.

Man what a difference some paint makes. The camera system is coming down, the deli case is coming out to be replaced with a carving counter and the big white cabinet is coming out also. Most of Neil's trophies are broken so I salvaged what I could.

Our rubs are going to go on that top shelf above the t-shirts and some other cosmetic things will be done as we move forward.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 97
:laugh:

Thanks for the photos, Sister, I am loving seeing what's going on.

Now I'm going to hit Mapquest to see how far a drive it is to the Sammich Shop from Guelph, ON, Canada.

I've only shared these photos with you guys. Unless you've stopped by no one else has seen these except my mom, dad, sister, cousin and nephew. You guys made this possible so I wanted you to see what YOU ALL help create.

Man what a difference some paint makes. The camera system is coming down, the deli case is coming out to be replaced with a carving counter and the big white cabinet is coming out also. Most of Neil's trophies are broken so I salvaged what I could.

Our rubs are going to go on that top shelf above the t-shirts and some other cosmetic things will be done as we move forward.

Looking good! What are you going to do with the espresso machine?

I work the front of the house. Talk to Neil about equipment.

I thought you were in charge of his equipment?

:becky:

Road Trip!!!
road_trip-175.gif

C'mon Kathy, if going to the Hide House is "worth the drive to Acton", then Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop is definitely worth the drive to Long Beach

You are absolutely right, my brother, even though Acton is only 30 minutes away from me.

:laugh:

39 hours :wacko:

Well I drove about 39 hours yesterday from Toluca Lake to Long Beach, then to Culver City - all through rush hour! :shocked: Good thing I had tunes! :rockon:

They did a "soft opening" last night.

photo-334.jpg

photo-2328.jpg

photo-1174.jpg

And I've been wanting one of these ever since I saw one.

photo-2123.jpg

photo-1623.jpg

They were slangin' brisket and pulled pork sammiches and bowls - which is brisket or PP over mashed potatoes. Did I get any pix of that? Why no I didn't. :tsk:

I could eat my sammich safely in the car, as traffic on the 405 wasn't moving much, and my wife and sons did some serious damage to the bowls I brought them. My oldest son just kept pointing at his bowl(he mixed the PP and brisket bowls) and saying "this is good, this is good". I normally correct him when he talks with his mouth full but I let it slide last night.

I had a flash of a thought a couple days ago that the driving would be too much. Well hell no it wasn't too much - I'm so glad I went and got the great food and saw the big smiles on everybody - Neil, Phyllis, and all the customers - and took the blurry photos. I must have been in the car about 2 or 2 1/2 hours total and it was totally worth it IMO.

Most people here know by now that Neil and Phyllis are about as good as it gets, and to see the beginning of the next part of their vision coming to reality is truly a beautiful thing. Best of luck to you guys and I hope y'all take over the whole world! Or at least open a spot in Culver City anyway...or near Toluca Lake for the work lunches...In the meantime, looking forward to the "real" opening of the restaurant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back