Head Count for Fall 2014 SoCal Bash Starts Here: Saturday Oct. 11: North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent

So, unless soMeOne says OtherwiSE, I will bring the mac and cheese....

and ingredients for BWORs....

and maybe a Pork Belly for the pits.

Enkidu: You out there? I wants those ABTs!!

Mrs. SJ says that if it's too hot, I will be making the run alone.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great. Now I'll be thinking about that mac & cheese for the next 9 days.

If all goes as planned, I will be bringing the pizza oven and make a couple of pies like I did last year. The Missus has a charity event early in the am, so I'll know next week if she can make tortillas to pair with Ray's carne asada. If not, I'll do Roadside chicken on the open pit.

I'm planning on smoking a pork butt, wrapping it and putting it in a cooler to bring to the bash. I'll also bring some jalapeno dip and chips. I'll need a cooker for the dip. I may bring something for dessert too.
Mac-n-cheese:hungry::hungry:. I'll be thinking about it too!

If all goes as planned, I will be bringing the pizza oven and make a couple of pies like I did last year. The Missus has a charity event early in the am, so I'll know next week if she can make tortillas to pair with Ray's carne asada. If not, I'll do Roadside chicken on the open pit.

Someone requested my bacon fried rice so I will be bringing a rice cooker full of that. I will make the carne asada as well. If your wife is not able to make the tortillas, I will bring some store-bought. Homemade tortillas do sound good! :hungry:

OK, folks, here's who's definitely in:

gtr
Campdude
Bigmista
Mike Twangzer
DUBBAGA
Smokin' John
mtbchip
ssv3
Silverfinger
Moose

Maybe's:

leanza
tonybel
SoCalWJS

Did I miss anyone?

Planning on making a variety of bacon-wrapped meat spheres which will be smoked in the morning and brought ready-to-eat while the big meats are being cooked. Also will be doing a batch of Marubozo's famous pickles

Still trying to work out the details of how to pull this off - trying to do a couple of different things the same weekend. I was looking for a start time (probably missed it).

What time is this scheduled to kick off at?

Still trying to work out the details of how to pull this off - trying to do a couple of different things the same weekend. I was looking for a start time (probably missed it).

What time is this scheduled to kick off at?

Scheduled arrival is 2pm. I will PM everyone tomorrow with directions etc. Really hope you can make it!

So I'll be bringing pork tenderloin marinated in the Surinam stuPh, and some chix like that as well.

Should I bring a lemon icebox pie?

Also wondering if I should bring a batch of hog apple beans.

So I'll be bringing pork tenderloin marinated in the Surinam stuPh, and some chix like that as well.

Yes and yes!

Don't know what hog apple beans are, but if you;re making them, they can't be bad....:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yes and yes!

Don't know what hog apple beans are, but if you;re making them, they can't be bad....:clap2::clap2:

It's a really great recipe called "Keri's Hog Apple Beans". Very good stuff!

My calendar just opened up. I'll go pull a corned beef out of the freezer and make some pastrami. I'll grab some ice for the cooler and of course something to wash it all down with.

Pastrami! :whoo:

Greg, yes on the Icebox pie!

Looks like we're going to have a lot of beans at this bash as The Missus was planning on making a batch of her slow cooked pinto beans that she did last year. If you're planning on doing some as well, I'll ask her to make something else like some slaw or something.

Doesn't look like anyone's doing ribs yet. Do we have a volunteer?

^^^I'd rather eat her beans! I'll hold off on making beans & save mine for the piggy roasts.

Do We Need More Cookers?

This is what will be on location, unless I or someone else needs to bring more cooker(s):

One 22.5 Weber OTS
Brand spanking new Big Poppa Smokers drum
Firepit

I'll be bringing the Blackstone pizza oven, so if anyone is planning to cook on site, let me know. I can also bring my PBC if anyone needs it...

I can bring a 22.5 WSM if need be, and/or a mini WSM. I'll bring a Cambro as well.

Back