Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Weekend?...

It was a little more medium than I like it but it was still good and very juicy. I used some kosher salt, worcestershire ground pepper, Italian seasonings, little bit or powdered garlic and a little onion power. Let to sit out for a little over an hour until the temp was about 60*. Then a quick splash of worcestershire and on the grill they went away from the heat. Pulled the taters that had been on for 45 minutes and scraped the insides to mix with butter and cheddar cheese. Repacked and back onto the grill wrapped in foil until the steaks were done. I tossed the steaks on the hot side right around 120* and pulled at 140*ish. I think next time I need to start the sear a little sooner and pull just after 130-135*. Thanks for the comment. Vince

A little tribute to our brothers and sisters from Kentucky. Got ready to watch the derby with their signature adult beverage and proceeded to grill a burger on the Weber. Now watching Nascar at Richmond. Life is good!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3270.jpg
    IMG_3270.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 16
  • STA_3273.jpg
    STA_3273.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 14
Made my first UDS ribs and bacon-wrapped fatties today. Used the 321 rib method, but missed the part about spraying them down repeatedly. Held temps pretty well early on, but after I pulled the ribs and left the fatties on, temps were all over the place. Not a huge issue as the fatties were done but I wanted a better smoke ring. Ribs were good, but were too salty because I think I went overboard with a rub with plenty of salt to begin with. That might have changed with some spraying during the first 3 hours. Vey edible, but a little tougher than I'd hoped for. Oh well, first smoke is out of the way, so it only goes up from here!

My 3 girls are in town for a bridal shower and are headed back to their various colleges today so, I have to send them off with a good meal on the smoker... Fresh Pork Chops, two small Ham Hocks and a 2 lb., cheese stuffed, Bacon wrapped ground beef fattie! Oh, some sides too! :) pics later.

Ended the weekend with a nice little serloin on the Weber. Love that little grilling machine! This sirloin was only about 3/4 inch thick but I have finally learned not to overcook. Put over a hot bed of charcoal/lump for a little over a minute on each side and then indirect for 4 minutes per side.....awsome. We do more like medium rare and these were super juicy and full of flavor. Rubbed with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic, and lite dust of lemon pepper. Was just excellent. Hope all my brothers and sisters here had a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Ending the weekend with the Weber

Ended the weekend with a nice little sirloin on the Weber. Direct char for about a minute each side and then indirect for 4 minutes each side. Rub was kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic and a light dust of lemon pepper. Off the kettle to rest with some butter patties added for about 5 minutes. Just wonderful. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 6
Back