Just an indoor bake

BackYardRob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
Had a request for my famous NY cheesecake for a BBQ this Monday, and happy to oblige. Since my boy has enjoyed cooking so much, I asked him to make the batter and I handled the long cook/cool process. Didn't mind baking since the weather this weekend has been so nice here - Sorry for all you folks still dealing with heat, ours will be back tomorrow. But the last two days have been 70's day and 60's night, so windows open and soaking it in while we can. Anyway, here it is after a one hour rest in the oven:

Baked.jpg

Hope you all enjoy your holiday!!!

Cheesecake looks great. Nice browning. May I ask about the batter ingredients? I'm a cheesecake overcooker.

Cheesecake looks great. Nice browning. May I ask about the batter ingredients? I'm a cheesecake overcooker.

The pic had a lighting issue from light shining on the front of the cake, it was an even color across the center. Ingredients - this is a NY style cheesecake. So graham cracker crust, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and sour cream. 325 in a water bath, averages 2 hours. Simple, creamy, delicious. Took me forever to get the amounts right. Not just for flavor but to fill a 10" spring pan.

The recipe that I use advises to leave it in the oven overnight. Cooling slowly kelps keep it from cracking.

YUM! :nod:

attachment.php

The recipe that I use advises to leave it in the oven overnight. Cooling slowly kelps keep it from cracking.

The crack is my fault, haven't made that mistake in a while. I leave it in the oven for one hour with the door cracked, then to counter on a rack. The oven door was open a bit too much and with the cold temp last night it cooled a bit quicker and cracked as you see it. Luckily it doesn't affect the taste!!

Back