Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Weekend?...

1st Ribs of the year. Sams Club is selling baby backs for $2.95 a pound. Bought about $50 worth. Also picked up a tri tip, should be some good eating around our house this weekend.

Just coated a 5 lb London broil with EVOO and one side with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub and the other side with Sweet and Spicy, jacarded it and vau-u-sucked it to marinate until Sunday. The it goes on the Egg with Cherry wood and some country style ribs that I found in the freezer.

Scored a 16# full CAB ribeye today, $6.99/lb and cut it into 14 steaks. Two are on tonight. Also picked up three 8.5# shoulders, $0.96/lb going on the UDS tomorrow/ Smokin' Heaven..........:clap2::clap2:

I'm going at it simple tonight, just making some burgers up cause the wife has been requesting cheeseburgers all week long while we went through the pulled pork.

Well, its my daughters bday tomorrow so here is whats on the agenda... Ill try to get some pics going tomorrow as im kickin this stuff out:

16 Racks of baby backs
20 whole chickens halved, marinated in an oil with baja seasoning and lime.
2 Pork Shoulders
3 Fatties
ABT's and Jalapeno Poppers

Ill start cooking tonight with the shoulders going in at about 8pm.

Also, for anyone familiar with Food Network, Grace from Sweet Gem's made my daughters cake... Its a Yo Gabba Gabba cake and i was blown away by the details. Ill post pics up in a new thread later.

Helping out at the KCBS CBJ class in Bellevue, WA.at Eastside Harley-Davidson.

Tired of the 4 meats already, thinking we gotta practice some Lamb dishes for the Yakima comp.

I wont be cooking a thing this weekend! But I will be learning how to judge at the KCBS class in Bellevue.... I cant wait!

Well, its my daughters bday tomorrow so here is whats on the agenda... Ill try to get some pics going tomorrow as im kickin this stuff out:

16 Racks of baby backs
20 whole chickens halved, marinated in an oil with baja seasoning and lime.
2 Pork Shoulders
3 Fatties
ABT's and Jalapeno Poppers

Ill start cooking tonight with the shoulders going in at about 8pm.

Also, for anyone familiar with Food Network, Grace from Sweet Gem's made my daughters cake... Its a Yo Gabba Gabba cake and i was blown away by the details. Ill post pics up in a new thread later.

I am familiar with Sweet Gems...That's great that you all could get that cake made by Grace man, Wow..I will be waiting to see it for sure

A friend and I cooked about 38 butts for pulled pork for a fundraiser today. Man, it felt like a comp and I'm tired.

600lbs of shoulders started this morning. We are on our second smoke now.

14 pound Brisket in the UDS, Pork Butts in the Char-griller COS, and 20 lbs of yard bird in the Big red Beast.

Some testing, and relaxing

2 racks of spare ribs and 8 thighs. it's coming off shortly and so is the pron :biggrin:

om nom nom nom

ribs_n_chicken.jpg

Little late to the party here. It has been looking like rain for the weekend all week so on a whim I made strips, double baked taters and some green beans on the gasser. Basically I have been working on the reverse sear technique. Today we tossed some vacusuc PP in some boiling water and made sandwiches with coleslaw. I sure hope the weather is better in May! Anyhow here are the pic's from Friday night.

DSCF0011.jpg

Momma plate.
DSCF0014.jpg

Pappa plate.
DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Last edited:
Back