THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let me know if you ever need someone to go camping with! I love a good chicken fried pork chop and adding a little smoke and heat from the fire sounds like a fantastic way to add another layer of flavor.

To just eat that and then kick back for the rest of the day sounds so good right about now. Biscuits and gravy, country ham, now fried pork chops - you're getting to me - in a very good way!

Great post once again Jeanie!

Now back to my green smoothie. :pout:

Even the Queen of Sheeba never enjoyed such a delicious looking feast!!!!! That is TOP KNOTCH vittles right there!

Thank you for the kind comments everybody! This was definitely an all day country breakfast. :grin:

That could be my last meal.

Geez, that looks good Jeanie!!:thumb:

Jeanie, how do you prepare your hashbrowns?

Pat thanks! Good to see ya. :) I shred the potatoes into a bowl of cold, salted water that has a squeeze of lemon juice in it. Then drain well, dry with paper towels, into the hot skillet with bacon drippings and oil. Add thin sliced onions and salt and pepper. (sometimes I add garlic) Then let them brown and flip when needed. I scooch them to the low side of the heat when they have good color. They are pretty simple to make. :-D

Wonderful! How long does the pork take to fry?

Thank you Bruce! I've never timed them but just a few minutes on each side til I get the color I want, then onto the grill to hang out and catch more heat and smoke. I flip them several times while on the grill and keep them on low heat. Hope that makes sense! :becky: Thanks again!

To just eat that and then kick back for the rest of the day sounds so good right about now. Biscuits and gravy, country ham, now fried pork chops - you're getting to me - in a very good way!

Great post once again Jeanie!

Now back to my green smoothie. :pout:

Greg thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed the pics. I have to admit, I have never had a smoothie of any kind. I should check into them. :thumb:

Thanks again everyone!! You're a kind group of friends... :wink::grouphug:

Chicken-fried porkchops. My gramma would've just called those pork chops as that's how she made them. She would've liked you. :thumb:
Gore that's very kind of you to say. I bet I would have liked your gramma too!
:-D
Let me know if you ever need someone to go camping with! I love a good chicken fried pork chop and adding a little smoke and heat from the fire sounds like a fantastic way to add another layer of flavor.
Thanks Westy! There's always room at the campsite for you. :thumb:

Oh my that looks good!!

Only thing missing from the way my Granny did them is fried apples.

Vorfan thanks! I like the sound of your Granny's fried apples. I like fried pork chops dipped in applesauce. I will give your sliced ones a try, thanks!

Wow Jeanie, you are really on a roll lately.Once again, a beautiful and delicious looking meal. You are without question...."the master of the tractor rim cooker", you otta figure out a way to manufacture and/or market those things along with YOUR own cook book, you'd make a killing:clap2:.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I gained another pound looking:p:crazy:.

KC

Last edited:
So, tell us the truth. Did you sell the ranch and just permanently move out to the lake? If not, you might wanna think about it...

Great looking meal as always Jeanie...

Wow Jeanie, you are really on a roll lately.Once again, a beautiful and delicious looking meal. You are without question...."the master of the tractor wheel cooker", you otta figure out a way to manufacture and/or market those things along with YOUR own cook book, you'd make a killing:clap2:.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I gained another pound looking:p:crazy:.

KC

KC Thank you! Maybe sell tractor rims and discadas. Get rid of some old farm equipment. :laugh::grin:

So, tell us the truth. Did you sell the ranch and just permanently move out to the lake? If not, you might wanna think about it...

Great looking meal as always Jeanie...

To tell the truth Terry, it's a lot quieter at my place than it is at the lake. I try to go when nobody else is there. :becky:
Thanks Terry!

Back