Breakfast on the Fire

Love it when folks post "reruns" here, sometimes the latest installment is better than the last one! Beautiful work all the way around, Jeanie!

(Despite the absence of tatoes) :mrgreen:

That looks beautiful! But I have a question.

There are 5 eggs in the pan with the whites mixed together, but the egg on the dish looks like it was cooked alone. How do you do that.
I make my eggs in a small 8.5” diameter cast iron omelette pan and have to fry one egg at a time to make them look that way.

There are 5 eggs in the pan with the whites mixed together, but the egg on the dish looks like it was cooked alone. How do you do that.
I make my eggs in a small 8.5” diameter cast iron omelet pan and have to fry one egg at a time to make them look that way.

The edges of that egg look like they were cut from the group of 5.

Surely would hit the spot right bout' now Jeanie.

Thanks Marty! I'd trade for any one of your meals! :grin:

ronbrad62 You did it again, you whipped up a beautiful breakfast and left everyone drooling! To save your breath, just call it the "cast iron creation".

Thanks so much, Ron! I need to make this at home. lol

kevinstaggs My my... Does it get any better? PS - hope you caught a mess of fish.
Thanks Kevin! The fishing started out slow.. caught a lot of turtles. lol It picked up later in the week and I brought a few home for the freezer! :grin:

ModelMaker Oh yeah? Well I had a bowl of instant oatmeal with brown sugar seasoning included!
Take that!
Ed

:laugh: You win!!
Thanks Ed! :grin:

halfcocked I would definitely have a helping of that. Assume you had to get up early to prepare. What do you have for lighting in the dark?

Thanks George! I didn't get up early enough to need a light. I use the campfire and a lantern at night though. :grin:

Big George's BBQ OMG That looks and sounds absolutely amazing. What a way to start the day

Thank you George!! It was a nice morning.. :grin:

That’ll wake ya up in the morning!

Thanks Mike!
lol It made the rest of the day go nicely. :grin:

PitRow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Not sure what to call this.

I don't know what you'd call it, but I'd call it breakfast for kings! Amazing as usual Jeanie.

Thanks Mike!! Hope you all are still camping when you get the time! :grin:

Maylar The Lady is the Queen of MSU, for sure.

Very kind of you, Dave! Thank you! :grin:

Just phenomenal Jeanie! You never mind about reruns. You can post that every time you cook it! I would never get tired of looking at that!

I appreciate that, Joe! I run out of things to post... the same ole same ole can get boring. lol Thanks! :grin:

16Adams Campers next to cowgirl watching whilst eating out of date Vienna sausages

And a tear slowly falls

:laugh: Thanks Adams!
I camp when nobody is there. lol I wait til they are working or back in school. :grin:

Thanks Adam!! Hope you're having a great week! :grin:

nsbbqguy Yummm!! Looks amazing!!

Thanks so much!! I really liked the fry bread this time. I think the smoke gives it a nice kick. :grin:

Moose Love it when folks post "reruns" here, sometimes the latest installment is better than the last one! Beautiful work all the way around, Jeanie!

(Despite the absence of tatoes)
Glad to hear that, Richard! I'm bad about posting the same kind of cooks over and over. lol
No tatoes with this meal but I did cook some later!
Thanks! :grin:

Shadowdog500 That looks beautiful! But I have a question.

I make my eggs in a small 8.5” diameter cast iron omelette pan and have to fry one egg at a time to make them look that way.

Thanks! I cut the egg out of the skillet with a knife.
If I'm in a hurry, I use the spatula. If I want it "pretty" I use the knife. If I mess it up, I put the bad side to the back. If it's really, really bad, I cover the bad spots with sauce! :grin:

edited to add.. It helps that the eggs are fresh from my "girls". Fresh eggs have a white that stays fairly solid around the yolk, they keep their shape better than a store bought egg. The fringe is easy to trim off.

Maylar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdog500 View Post

I make my eggs in a small 8.5” diameter cast iron omelet pan and have to fry one egg at a time to make them look that way.
The edges of that egg look like they were cut from the group of 5.

Yep!! I think it was the bottom left one.. or the one above it. I can't remember which. :laugh: Sometimes they come out fine, sometimes not. lol
Thanks Dave! :grin:

Last edited:

Thanks! I cut the egg out of the skillet with a knife.
If I'm in a hurry, I use the spatula. If I want it "pretty" I use the knife. If I mess it up, I put the bad side to the back. If it's really, really bad, I cover the bad spots with sauce! :grin:

edited to add.. It helps that the eggs are fresh from my "girls". Fresh eggs have a white that stays fairly solid around the yolk, they keep their shape better than a store bought egg. The fringe is easy to trim off. ….

Thanks, I’ll try that. We use Eggland’s Best eggs from the supermarket and the whites are sometimes runny enough to practically fill the entire 8.5” pan. I even looked for egg rings that are shaped like a perfectly fried egg. I could find every other shape, including a scull shown below, but cant find a fried egg shape mold.

IMG-4563.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ll try that. We use Eggland’s Best eggs from the supermarket and the whites are sometimes runny enough to practically fill the entire 8.5” pan. I even looked for egg rings that are shaped like a perfectly fried egg. I can get every other shape, including a scull shown below, but cant find a fried egg shape mold.

IMG-4563.jpg

:laugh: I love it!! I need one of those. lol That beats a regular fried egg all to heck! :grin:

Thank you, Craig and Bill!
Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

Back