Brisket price in your area?

Within a 25 mile radius from the house Wally World has flats at 5.69#, finding a packer is a treat.
Food Outlet got a few selects in abut 2 weeks ago and they were 5.39#. Stopped by yesterday and they were marked down to 3.85#. Picked up a 12# but it was not a brisket you would prefer, but at least I have one in the freezer.

Stopped by walmart yesterday, they had a few whole packers that came in, 14-16#. I picked up a real nice 16# for $45. Wanted to try a new recipe, figured it was worth it for Choice :)

Stopped by walmart yesterday, they had a few whole packers that came in, 14-16#. I picked up a real nice 16# for $45. Wanted to try a new recipe, figured it was worth it for Choice :)

The butcher at sams club told me that the briskets at Walmart were injected to keep them moist......where as the ones at SAMs club are not? I have not read the package of the ones at Walmart.

I was kind of shocked he said this.....since it is a sister company.

I must say I might be a bit jealous of you fellow betherns that are able to get prime packers . My local costco only carries flats but they do stock prime tri tip

I picked up a CAB brisket from cash n carry today for
At 2.98 a pound. My first cab I have found in the area in a really long time . .50 cents cheaper a pound too over the choice.

Smoke on

Be sure to ask. I was at my local costco today and was disappointed to see only choice flats. I asked someone in the meat dept and he produced a 17 lbs prime packer.

I think it was about $3.50 lbs. Slightly up from 2 months ago

This topic always come up. The price of brisket. What difference does it make? It is has always been in that range $2.90-3.90 for choice. May be higher for prime.

This topic always come up. The price of brisket. What difference does it make? It is has always been in that range $2.90-3.90 for choice. May be higher for prime.

No. In the last year prices have come down. The herds are just recovering. Prices were over $4 some places at the peak. Before that beef was lower. Ive seen post were brisket used to be $1-2 lbs.

Every day someone here considers or attempts their first brisket. They want to know what it should cost and where to get them.

The butcher at sams club told me that the briskets at Walmart were injected to keep them moist......where as the ones at SAMs club are not? I have not read the package of the ones at Walmart.

I was kind of shocked he said this.....since it is a sister company.

I havent heard that before....But I will be pulling mine off of the smoker within a couple of hours from now and Ill let you know how it tastes :mrgreen:

Just ordered a case of Prime Briskets this morning which is about 4-5 briskets. 75lbs or so. At 3.99/lb at Claiborne Hills in Waveland, MS.

I was just quoted $4.29 and $4.59 per lb from two local butchers... walmarts don't carry them here. Sam's only have 8-10lb. 'whole briskets' for $5.47lb!

I would fall over if I ever saw prices below $3 here. :shocked:

Was about to pick up a brisket from my local Sam's yesterday when I noticed the price, $85 and change. It was a bit under 15lbs, didn't see the per pound price I dropped it so fast.

Picked up a 10# choice full packer @ $4.70 per pound at the base commissary. Bone in pork shoulder was only $1.08 per pound.

Last edited:
Back