Brisket price in your area?

Just got one from Shamrock foods for $2.35/lb (choice )
Around New years got one from Costco for $2.79/lb (prime)

Houston Texas

HEB Prime 2.79
Choice 1.97
Costco they went up on their prime to 3.47, but they are not near as good as my HEB primes

Walmart is $2.47/lb today. Picked one up to make corned beef next week. Never thought I'd be looking to walmart for cheap good looking briskets, but RD is $.50/lb more right now and walmart actually has been carrying nice sized looking briskets :-D.

I just called Sam's Club and it was 5.69 per lb. and the local butcher was 3.69 per lb. I'm wondering if the guy at Sam's quoted me wrong?

$3.59 for CAB at RD in Indianapolis. Select was $3.42/lb.
I've heard through the grapevine that Coscto has prime for $2.99/lb here.

Yeah, I went looking at HEB last weekend to prepare for the Super Bowl. A couple of selects with very thin flats and a whole lot of super trimmed for $5 something a pound. I asked the butcher if they had any choice or better, and he mentioned having some primes. They brought out a case that had three 15+ pounders for $2.67 a pound. One was not very floppy, so I took the other two. Put them in the freezer for a week, but a friend suggested letting them dry age, so they are back in the fridge now.

Prime by the case was $2.68 lb. last month. Hasn't changed.

$2.79/lb. if you buy individually.

Orange County, CA

Attachments

• Brisket Price.jpg
    Brisket Price.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 111
I called Sam's Club again and talked to the manager in he meat department.....he corrected the first call and told me 3.39 per lb. for brisket (point and flat) for choice.

He said case quantity price was 3.14 per pound (four briskets).

On a side note, case of boston butts were 1.15 per lb. fresh.....Smithfield.

Picked up a 13lb choice at Super One for $2.47lb, best price we've seen in awhile. They did have CAB briskets for $3.47, missed those.

2.99 a pound for prime at costco here in vegas. everywhere else here is not much cheeper for choice.

Not all that long ago major grocery stores in Texas would run sales on whole packers (select or choice) for $.99 cents per pound two or three times a year. Now $1.99 to $2.99 per pound is the new normal "sale" price, usually only around major holidays, and regular price can be $5.99 per pound or more.

My local Costco has had whole Prime packers running $2.89 to $3.19 per pound for more than a year. I started using them last year and I would have a hard time going back to Choice after getting hooked on Prime!

I must say I might be a bit jealous of you fellow betherns that are able to get prime packers . My local costco only carries flats but they do stock prime tri tip

I picked up a CAB brisket from cash n carry today for
At 2.98 a pound. My first cab I have found in the area in a really long time . .50 cents cheaper a pound too over the choice.

Smoke on

RD $3.29 choice IBP
meatcodelivery $3.99 choice
costco no briskets in the 3 stores around

Back