THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackstone arrives tomorrow and I need to makes tasty things on it. Anyone have a dough recipe they would recommend or what are you using?

And thanks again for the recommendation to purchase. Surprised CFO allowed it so quickly and as you can see, i didnt hesitate. :)

Doesn't matter which recipe you use, make sure you are using 00 flour. Life changing!!

i-8gq2s5S-XL.jpg

@ SeanBBQ: agree with the rec for "00" flour. Fortunately, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get the flour next day!

https://www.amazon.com/Antimo-Caput...pID=51nyIkV1U8L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

For dough options, this site has excellent recipes:

http://doughgenerator.allsimbaseball9.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=12

This link is to the recipe for their Neapolitan dough. It's yummy!

Enjoy the pizza cooker!

Bruce

Awesome. Thanks Bruce. I do have Prime and the order for 00 was already delivered! :)

Appreciate you all.

I got a new dough in the fridge that I'm gonna try out on Sunday for some NY style pies. It'll be at 7 days cold ferment by the time the pies go in the Blackstone. Should be interesting, I've never had a dough go that long before.

It's half provolone and half mozzarella mixed together.

Guy selling a NIB, never used Blackstone Oven here for $150 obo.....been trying to convince the wife its too good to pass up....

Unfortunately, I still have the 36inch griddle in the garage cause I have no room on the deck...until we pour a patio this spring. So the wife isn't having any of it...

Stlsportster, I hope you were the one that got this....I just texted them today and it's gone!

Nice plate of goodness RemoGaggi!

Sorry I missed the brand of cheese ? I buy from a small coop in Wisconsin called Burnett Dairy.

New dough. Glutenboys NY dough that I believe jsperk uses quite a bit. 7 days CF in the fridge. Tried a cheese blend of cheddar, mozz and fontina. They were tasty.

0f048b011e8ea42783d928e412e91198.jpg

f139c735abb094c8e4d8839f118afbde.jpg

e125408186c2e8b12f9c043331af83fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With the BGE I could make good pies but the temperature and hassle with the lid made me try the Blackstone. Both make great pies but I find the Blackstone easier to use and a bit more consistent. That being said cooking with wood or lump gives it a flavor profile you won't get with the Blackstone.

... and we have all lost some arm hair when our ceramics are at 650F-700F and we accidentally forget to burp the lid! Your pizza looks really good.

Back