• Sausage & Basil Pizza, Grimaldi’s Brick Oven Pizza Clone

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
A recent visit to YouTube revealed a sidebar video(the ones that are based on your previous viewing history that are designed to pull you down the YT rabbit hole for hours on end) showing a short promo video on Grimaldi’s Pizza:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_EFw4YI-Co

How about all that melty saucy goodness, the lightly browned crust that gives way to the audible crunch you can hear when he bites into a slice? Count me in!

I love how the pizza looked, and was intrigued with how the pie was built, starting with slices of fresh mozzarella, then the sauce and toppings along with a drizzle of olive oil before the pie goes in the oven.

I decided to give this style of pizza a try to see how it turned out. Here’s the pie completely built pre-cook, (Dough was Trader Joe’s standard pizza dough)topped with sweet Italian sausage, drizzle of olive oil, some fresh cracked black pepper and a bit of oregano:

TKoM8lU.jpg

On the Blackstone, with a stone temp of about 650F:

0FDZGYd.jpg

And right out of the oven, topped with fresh basil:

tKcSchV.jpg

Sliced:

0DOpm0W.jpg

Closeup:

xn9jCIO.jpg

Best pizza I think I’ve made to date. It checked off so many boxes in terms of texture and flavor that I may stick with for a while. My next objective is to find or create a dough recipe that’s close to Grimaldi’s.

Thanks fer lookin’!

Great looking pizza! How'd you like the fresh mozz on that style of pizza?

You're inching you way closer to making just a cheese pizza one of these days. :-D

Great looking pizza! How'd you like the fresh mozz on that style of pizza?

You're inching you way closer to making just a cheese pizza one of these days. :-D

The fresh mozz was good - I found a nice log that had relatively low moisture.

I would make more cheese pizzas, but The Missus prefers meat, so...

:razz:

Back