New Blackstone Pizza Oven....

Cat797

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Ed
Thanks for the post Ed. I hope they do. Even though I have the original, I'd buy the new one for sure.

I have been watching over there the discussion about the new Halo Versa 16 oven and was pretty set on it. But after seeing the new Blackstone pizza oven in that tweet, and knowing how much everyone loved the original I might have to wait til they release it and check it out.

I know they came out with an add on for a 22" griddle, through WallyWorld only, I believe.
The catch, you have to have a 22 griddle, and they reccomend having a dedicated 22 for the oven.
FWIW, this is what I got from the Todd Tovin Utubes vid.

https://youtu.be/DGkPYva-nXI

Looks to be a stand alone unit, not the 22 inch griddle accessory attachment:

fetch

fetch

The big question is, what's the diameter of the bottom stone? There were plans a few years ago before covid turned the world upside down for a new model to replace the original, which was to have an 18 inch stone, but not sure about this one. I'll see if I can learn more from the manufacturer if my contact is still there....

Thanks for sharing. I am pretty sure I would get one, as an addition to the Ooni. Wondering about how big the opening is though.

So it does rotate. That’s one feature I would like on mine.

I still have my original one which is very rarely used (even though it’s fantastic). Great to see them coming out with a new version. There is more competition today than when they produced the first one but they also have a huge brand presence today vs being unknown back then.

In retrospect, the original Blackstone pizza was ahead of its time with its simple design, ease of operation and spinning platter. So much so, that it was discontinued as the market simply wasn't there back in 2013 like it is today with so many pizza ovens flooding the market.

It's coming sooner or later. :thumb: One of the four casters gave and the original stone finally cracked after 8 years. She's still kicking but I'm anxiously waiting for the new one to hit the market.

Sorry to hear about the caster, Sako. I'm hoping the cooking surface on the new oven will be at LEAST 16 inches, 20 would be even better, as an 18 inch pie would be easily doable.

Here's a great replacement for your stone:

https://www.californiapizzastones.com/pizza/stones/single-pizza-baking-stone.php?stoneNum=rd16

These are rated to 1200+ degrees, so will really last.

I actually have one I bought as a replacement for my BS in the event it cracked as well as for home oven cooking. If I still lived over there I'd tell you to come by and get it.

Back