Bacon Biscuits n Sausage Gravy

You all need to know that she used a Schrade Deer Slayer Knife to cut them biscuits ,got 1 just like it minus 2" of the blade :mad: I dont think they make them any more,

Thank you Terry and Ross! :-D

Any chance you can give us the ingredients/measurements for the biscuits? I wonder if it is different than a normal biscuit recipe since they will be rolled and sliced more like cinnamon rolls. Thanks!

Everything you post looks amazing, but I dare say this is the most amazing yet! :-D
Thanks so much! These were regular ole baking powder biscuits.
2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of lard
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
sugar, I use about 3/4 tsp but you can add more
and 3/4 cup of buttermilk or milk or half and half
Combine the dry ingredients well, then work the lard in completely. Add the milk last..
I mix lightly then let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes before rolling out.
Hope you have good luck with them! Thanks again!

Thanks Wizard! :-D

You all need to know that she used a Schrade Deer Slayer Knife to cut them biscuits ,got 1 just like it minus 2" of the blade :mad: I dont think they make them any more,

I love my Old Timers with Schrade blades. They are my favorites. I have 2 of these...one for camping and one for home. Also have a few other sizes. :-D

Bob, thanks for the link!!

I'm thinking

I have those.. really love using them. :thumb:

Thanks for the biscuit recipe Jeanie!

And... I was looking at my list of links to awesome foods I need to make (not surprised to not only see a bunch are Brethren links, but quite a few are Cowgirls). ;)
I happened to notice I had two links for "Bacon Biscuit and Sausage Gravy".
Thinking I must have doubled up on my copy and pasting, I clicked the "other" link.

Low and behold, Jeanie has posted this awesomeness before, three years ago.
I point this out, NOT to say "hey, you've posted this before", but to help spread the Cowgirl love and show folks how consistently amazing you are. It looked good enough then that I wanted to "steal" it, but it looked good enough now that I STILL want to steal it.

The difference between then and now, is that I just took delivery of my FIRST "camp" dutch oven, just the other day. :oops:
Jeanie is a big part of the reason I chose to buy one.

From 2014:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198843

Thanks for the biscuit recipe Jeanie!

And... I was looking at my list of links to awesome foods I need to make (not surprised to not only see a bunch are Brethren links, but quite a few are Cowgirls). ;)
I happened to notice I had two links for "Bacon Biscuit and Sausage Gravy".
Thinking I must have doubled up on my copy and pasting, I clicked the "other" link.

Low and behold, Jeanie has posted this awesomeness before, three years ago.
I point this out, NOT to say "hey, you've posted this before", but to help spread the Cowgirl love and show folks how consistently amazing you are. It looked good enough then that I wanted to "steal" it, but it looked good enough now that I STILL want to steal it.

The difference between then and now, is that I just took delivery of my FIRST "camp" dutch oven, just the other day. :oops:
Jeanie is a big part of the reason I chose to buy one.

From 2014:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198843

Thanks Bob!
I make these a lot while camping. There's probably a cook link here from last year.
:becky:

Thank you for the kind post.. :hug::grin:

You're very welcome, but all the thanks goes to you.
Your continued amazing threads serve not only as "instant" visual gratification of yummy looking food for us, but most importantly as inspiration for those of us that are less skilled.

I have no problem taking the liberty of speaking for the group when I say that I'm eager to see threads you start in the hopes of "discovering" some life changing culinary "down home" vittles that I've not had in years, or not had at all.

Rock on Jeanie. Rock on. ;)

I have no words for that... I was just thinking that it's a form or torture.

fbb.gif

You're very welcome, but all the thanks goes to you.
Your continued amazing threads serve not only as "instant" visual gratification of yummy looking food for us, but most importantly as inspiration for those of us that are less skilled.

I have no problem taking the liberty of speaking for the group when I say that I'm eager to see threads you start in the hopes of "discovering" some life changing culinary "down home" vittles that I've not had in years, or not had at all.

Rock on Jeanie. Rock on. ;)

You're too kind Bob, thanks Friend! :hug::grin:

How in the world did I miss this thread? Out of this world Neighbor and I'm with Marty.

Thanks so much Neighbor! :-D

I've tried that recipe, and it is indeed very good. But it's not as close to the real deal than the box is.
Plus, I'm doubtful that Red Lobster uses Bisquick. But still, it is a good recipe, I'd recommend it.
A waitress at Red Lobster told me they use the butter from the scampi on the biscuits.
That's something we can't recreate at home (easily).

Back