Assassin 24 in the House!

Wow! I finally settled down a bit.......:-D

I'm very impressed with the workmanship. The finish is amazing.

I sprayed the interior, racks and grease catcher with Pam, threw in some KBB, and I have it seasoning now. I put on some sausage and a naked fattie to have some quick grub tonight, and I threw some hickory chunks in the firebox. I didn't use the water pan - I'll season it on Friday.

The IQ120 works great. It took a little under an hour to get to 300 and it's purring along there now for a couple of more hours.

I'm still surprised at the size of this smoker. It's one thing to read dimensions on a web page, and quite another to behold it in person. It rolls easy enough and that's good. My cooking patio just got smaller. :-D

So, without further adieu, more pics......

Initial light:

Back end....it's dark and rainy today, so the color in the pic looks a bit darker than it really is:

A simple naked fattie offering to first smoke - rubbed with Oakridge Dominator:

I'm off this Friday and my wife wants turkey legs. Going to smoke them up for her. :-D

I'm a very happy camper! :-D

Dumb question for Assassin owners here:

Just how do I get the food probe (with that nice right angle bend in it) through the probe port? I definitely did not want to bend the probe. I fell back on my Maverick through the door to monitor the fattie.

Seasoning done and shut down.

I barely slept a wink last night thinking about today's delivery.

I'm going to sleep well tonight. :-D

Just how do I get the food probe (with that nice right angle bend in it) through the probe port? I definitely did not want to bend the probe. I fell back on my Maverick through the door to monitor the fattie.

Can you stick the the other end through the port from the insid?. That is what I do on my Humphrey's.

Also nice smoker.

Pull it from the inside out! Congrats on the new cooker / love the color. Is that Crimson?

Are you gonna feed it wood or mix chunks in the charcoal chute?

I'll probably mix the wood chunks with the charcoal. I put several good sized hickory chunks in the fire box last night and they burned up fairly fast.

I have lots to learn with this beast - it's definitely not like cooking on the Egg. The KBB worked fine last night, but I'm going to try lump soon to see how it works out. I need to see where my hot and cool zones are, so I'll be baking biscuits soon. Should be fun! :-D

Pull it from the inside out! Congrats on the new cooker / love the color. Is that Crimson?

Simco, I tried that last night but the plug wouldn't fit through the port. I was in a red hot rush and giddy last night getting this thing seasoned. I'll take another look at getting the probe through when I get home today.

The color is Bulldog red. It looks dark in the pics because it was dark and raining when I took them. I'll have better pics when I get some sunshine.

Back