THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow! I finally settled down a bit.......:-D

I'm very impressed with the workmanship. The finish is amazing.

I sprayed the interior, racks and grease catcher with Pam, threw in some KBB, and I have it seasoning now. I put on some sausage and a naked fattie to have some quick grub tonight, and I threw some hickory chunks in the firebox. I didn't use the water pan - I'll season it on Friday.

The IQ120 works great. It took a little under an hour to get to 300 and it's purring along there now for a couple of more hours.

I'm still surprised at the size of this smoker. It's one thing to read dimensions on a web page, and quite another to behold it in person. It rolls easy enough and that's good. My cooking patio just got smaller. :-D

So, without further adieu, more pics......

Initial light:

Back end....it's dark and rainy today, so the color in the pic looks a bit darker than it really is:

A simple naked fattie offering to first smoke - rubbed with Oakridge Dominator:

I'm off this Friday and my wife wants turkey legs. Going to smoke them up for her. :-D

I'm a very happy camper! :-D

Dumb question for Assassin owners here:

Just how do I get the food probe (with that nice right angle bend in it) through the probe port? I definitely did not want to bend the probe. I fell back on my Maverick through the door to monitor the fattie.

Just how do I get the food probe (with that nice right angle bend in it) through the probe port? I definitely did not want to bend the probe. I fell back on my Maverick through the door to monitor the fattie.

Can you stick the the other end through the port from the insid?. That is what I do on my Humphrey's.

Also nice smoker.

Pull it from the inside out! Congrats on the new cooker / love the color. Is that Crimson?

Are you gonna feed it wood or mix chunks in the charcoal chute?

I'll probably mix the wood chunks with the charcoal. I put several good sized hickory chunks in the fire box last night and they burned up fairly fast.

I have lots to learn with this beast - it's definitely not like cooking on the Egg. The KBB worked fine last night, but I'm going to try lump soon to see how it works out. I need to see where my hot and cool zones are, so I'll be baking biscuits soon. Should be fun! :-D

Pull it from the inside out! Congrats on the new cooker / love the color. Is that Crimson?

Simco, I tried that last night but the plug wouldn't fit through the port. I was in a red hot rush and giddy last night getting this thing seasoned. I'll take another look at getting the probe through when I get home today.

The color is Bulldog red. It looks dark in the pics because it was dark and raining when I took them. I'll have better pics when I get some sunshine.

Back