THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I beg to differ. The pictures do a lot of justice from where I'm sitting. If it tastes half as good as it looks, it's gotta be amazing!

All I know is I tried to taste it and it ended up tasting like a computer monitor...:shocked:

I couldn't help it, it looked so good I had to try! :heh:

Holey :tape:! :shocked: This shot made my knees weak. :redface::laugh:

Outstanding doesn't cover it Sako. One of the best cooks I've seen in a long time. Let me know when that house comes up on the market. lol

Lol, Thanks Jeanie!! I went a tiny bit fancy with it this time around. :-D

Looks like there's going to be a bidding war between you and Andrew on the house. :becky:

Did you use any wood ?

Looks amazing man wow

Thanks Trunks! I wanted to drop in a chunk of pecan but I forgot as there was a lot going on. I just used K-Comp or professional briquettes as they are called now. Still had a very mild and pleasant smoky flavor.

Thanks Trunks! I wanted to drop in a chunk of pecan but I forgot as there was a lot going on. I just used K-Comp or professional briquettes as they are called now. Still had a very mild and pleasant smoky flavor.

What temp did you cook at? Pulled at 120 I think you said?

What temp did you cook at? Pulled at 120 I think you said?

No idea what the cooker temp was. :biggrin1: The PBC usually runs in the 275-300+ range on average and I figure that's about where I was at.

As for the roast, I cooked it 'til 120* internal temp dead smack in the mid-center. Took it off, loosely covered in foil and rested for 30 mins. Carved and served. Didn't check IT after rest.

Damn Sako i dig the looks of that butter rub...have you ever tried it on a tri tip?

Thanks again Tom! Actually I haven't. I came up with it on a whim while doing the cook yesterday. Not a bad idea for trip tip. :thumb:

Back