Vlad's last meal

Smoked&Baked

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Smoked&Baked
Garlic/Cherry glazed St Louis style ribs with Garlic Bombs (bacon wrapped, oversized, Jalapeños, stuffed with chopped brisket, smoked cream cheese, and garlic).

The ribs were an easy peasy cook. I bought ribs already cut to St Louis style, pulled off the membranes, checked for loose/nasty bits, put some NA11 rub on them (that my wife got from Costco) and into the fridge they went as I got my smoker (Weber Summit Kamado) to settle in at 250 with some nice Hickory chunks in the line of fire.

c4Fzamll.jpg

IKoqn8Tl.jpg

Then I put them on the grill.

Ab4p4x1.jpg

I spritzed them at the 2 hour make and then again at the three hour mark.

I had previously peeled
ga4Z00K.jpg

Put in cast iron and covered in evoo
ddnFMNYl.jpg

Then Roasted
vVyY8Zml.jpg

And mashed garlic
TJKzlhLl.jpg

As the ribs were smoking my wife made a little glaze by blending the following together until smooth:

1 cup cherry jam

1 cup water

1 tsp corn starch

1 heaping tsp of the roasted garlic (we used 3, but 1 is the correct amount)

S and P

Df4JVCml.jpg

Then into a pot and onto the stove until it boiled. Simmered & stirred for 3-5 minutes until it seemed like a glaze.

At the 4hr mark the ribs were done so I glazed them.
pXr1XCVl.jpg

Then I opened all my vents and let it set the glaze and give it the slightest char.

w7CuLNDl.jpg

We like our ribs almost halfway between comp style and fall of the bone with a bark and crust and that's just how these came out, so perfect for us.

As these were cooling I reheated the garlic bombs that I made in this thread and my wife gave me some potato salad. I'm not sure if she bought it or made it but it tastes good lol.

I definitely could learn to do a better job, and try harder at; plating, photographing, and writing up a description but I gotta tell ya, this was just fantastic!

Vlad's last meal:
MdtvbSBl.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone, this is such a fun hobby :)

Last edited:
Back