South of the Border Juicy Lucy!

BobBrisket

Name or Nickame
Bob
Man, been a while, Farkers!! Suddenly, kids grow up, soccer, volleyball, practices, games, training.................and life gets real. Still been cooking. I take pron, but too damn lazy to upload em and honestly a pain in the arse to do so. LOL. This damn thread took too long to create and upload. :)

So....living in a border town, we see our cuisines influencing each other all the time. My favorite are Mexican style burgers and dogs. Oh my! Go down this Google rabbit hole- hamburguesa estilo Juarez or hot dogs estilo Juarez (Sonoran Hot Dog). Juarez, MX is our sister city. Fun to see how an American fav gets transformed across the border and flavors and cultures MELD!!

Well, today Juicy Lucy found herself south of the border. I find myself a lot lazier these days and try and make things easier and more convenient. Hence, the Blackstone top on the gasser. Sue ME! :tsk: Lastly, included some miscellaneous pics to show that BobBrisket is alive and well. LilBobbyB and Lil Sis are not no little anymore. We also have a new Fur Child, Flynn Rider. 100% Pit Bull-------in his mind! Moody, jerk, a-hole, dog, but we love him. LOL!! He's actually very chill, but he does have a distinct jerk side to him!

Enjoy. May be another 5 years or more till I post again!

Bob
20200718-195513.jpg

Started out with some queso. Mexican blend shred. Roasted long green. Garden maters. Red Onion. Cilantro. Butter. Cream Cheese.
20200718-203022-1.jpg

Lazy BS flat top on gasser mod. Grilled onions and 'penos!
20200718-204445.jpg

WTF!! Some Ham and weenies showed up out of nowhere. Mexican burgs have ham or baloney, hot dog, bacon, etc, etc, etc, etc.
20200718-205356.jpg

Juicy Lucys!
20200718-205855.jpg

FLIP!
20200718-213327.jpg

Plated. Some nachos. UNCUT! I hate slicing a burg in half. Pain in the arse to eat that way. BUT, just for you guys!
20200718-213600.jpg

YES! Still hated the fact that it was cut in half, but made for a nice meal! I hit it!

Extra Pron!
ATT00001.jpg

Still got it!!
20466-1.jpg

DAMN GOOD STUFF!
ATT00001-8.jpg

Spooning Yard Bird!!
ATT00001-9.jpg

Had friends over.
ATT00001-5.jpg

Damn foil stuck to the top. Made it with the brisket up top. Kettles make damn fine CB!
ATT00001-2.jpg

Also made with that brisket up top. Love me some hot links.
ATT00001-3.jpg

ON POINT!! If you know me, you know I am fanatical about my tater salad. PERFECT....Find the thread for some laughs and info! LOL!

Last edited:
We are still around. Getting older, taller, bigger, fatter (ME), and just truckin' along!
FB-IMG-1592781196357.jpg

ATT00001-6.jpg

Lil Sis has become quite the baker. Couple of peach pies she made with fruit from our tree. She was determined to figure out that cross pattern!
20191125-144902.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff, really just awesome.
2nd last picture, be carefull of those tongs, great picture catch

Bob
My wife was drooling over your potatoes salad, would you by ave a link to a recipe please

That's not fair, I haven't eaten breakfast yet :p Awesome looking food Bob! Super cool your are showing your kids some good skills with welding

Bob, it's really great to "see" you, and thanks for posting up some AWESOME food, and a happy life report! And BTW I almost fell over from that plated burger pic!

Cowabunga!

I have always loved Mexican hot dogs since my venture to Tijuana. It is one of my only memories of that first visit! :icon_blush:

Love the SOB Juicy Lucy and avocado bomb. Thanks for the post and rabbit hole google searches.

Back