Sound the horns! Prospero the YS 1500 is here!

Congrats!!! I have about a month old ys640 with cart!!! Love it. I am still figuring out grate temps, but I have managed to get within 10 degrees of left to right with the adjustable heat diffuser. I am very happy with my purchase. Cooking a competition this weekend with it, and my chubby! I love this cooker! I am a bit jealous of your 1500!! ��������

When you've spent the day watching temps you might as well put that heat to good use.

Attachments

• 20160816_140935.jpg
    20160816_140935.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 370
Awesome cooker!

I was within a millimeter of ordering a YS1500 when I started looking at gravity feeds.

Enjoy that beast! :-D
Thanks! I have both. I will be using this one primarily for competitions and the Assassin will be used for catering. Best of both worlds:-D

How is the smoke flavor compared to the Assassin smokers you have.
They both provide clean smoke in just the right amount/way. The only difference I would say is the Assassin lends a distinct flavor from the charcoal.

Did you use the biscuits from your test run?
I did:grin:

Yep, I think this pushed me over the edge. This is going to be my next cooker. I want a set and forget and I have been eyeballing this particular pellet cooker. The lack of smoke flavor with some pellet cookers always had me concerned. But that just doesn't seem to be an issue with the design of this pit.

Enjoy your awesome new smoker!!

Yep, I think this pushed me over the edge. This is going to be my next cooker. I want a set and forget and I have been eyeballing this particular pellet cooker. The lack of smoke flavor with some pellet cookers always had me concerned. But that just doesn't seem to be an issue with the design of this pit.

Enjoy your awesome new smoker!!
This thinks cooks almost identical to a stick burner. Very similar! Ribs on now and even the color is reminiscent of stick burning. I think you'll love it.

If I was going to purchase a pellet smoker this would be the one. Quality seems to be better than others I have seen.
I have owned four pellet cookers; Traeger (3 of them), Cookshack (FEC 100), and now Yoder (YS1500). They were/have all been great. I can tell you this about the Yoder so far. It is built like a tank, and the YS1500 seems to cook very similar to a stick burner.
Getting it dirty that's what I'm talking about :thumb:
Yeah buddy! Ribs are about to come off, followed by burgers being added, then brisket tomorrow and pork on Saturday.:grin:

Time for some briskets! It's a goood thing these weren't for competition or I might be a little upset about the nasty gashes in the smaller one.

Attachments

• 20160818_082720.jpg
    20160818_082720.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 338
Cruising right along.......Just look at that bark color! This thing is frigging awesome! Right after I snapped this picture a cloud appeared, rumbles were heard, and WHOOSH! dumped on. The pit temp on the readout dropped 50 degrees, but the grate temp only dropped about 10 degrees. Immediately, the brain of the cooker knew it was declining and quickly kicked into ramp mode and recovered with in a few minutes.

Let us know how the smoke level is (taste wise) on those briskets.... I like a heavy smoke profile. Main reason I didn't get a pellet smoker.

Cruising right along.......Just look at that bark color! This thing is frigging awesome! Right after I snapped this picture a cloud appeared, rumbles were heard, and WHOOSH! dumped on. The pit temp on the readout dropped 50 degrees, but the grate temp only dropped about 10 degrees. Immediately, the brain of the cooker knew it was declining and quickly kicked into ramp mode and recovered with in a few minutes.

Awesome. That color is dead on point! Looks great.

This thing cooks just like a stick burner. It is just awesome!

The flavor was simply spectacular in our opinion. I used all of my same methods as I would when I was stick burning, and I have to say that it worked. I pulled it slightly under what i normally would have, but that was by design. I have other plans for it later and didn't want it overly done.

Wow!! Looks great!!

Do you always wrap in butcher paper? Like it? I've not tried it yet, but will soon as my LSG gets here.

So the taste is definitely smokey as a stick burner?

Back