1st cook on Shirley Fabrication Smoker!!

Beefnip

Found some matches.
Very 1st cook on my Shirley Fabrication reverse flow, offset stick burner. As a matter of fact, this is my very first cook on an offset of any kind...EVER!! I am a master of the Weber kettle and the Big Green Egg, not to mention various gassers over the years. I was initially worried about the learning curve of a stick burner; however, a Shirley Fabrication offset smoker with an insulated firebox and 3/8 steel main, with warmer box and dual warmer box vents, have proven to be a truly gentle mistress to my learning experience. The following photos are a testament to my first cook on a stick burner of any kind.
The following spread was started before dawn on the 25th of October of 2014, for my annual Alabama/Tennessee football game party. Alabama took home a victory and so did I! ROLL TIDE!!
Without any further adieu, we had 4 pork butts, 4 racks of spare ribs, 1 11b packer brisket, 13 lbs link beer sausage, 30 lbs chicken (assorted legs, thighs, breasts, and hot wings), 1 8lb turkey breast, 1 spiral cut ham and a 11 3/4 x 9 5/16 x 4 in foil pan of baked beans with homemade bbq sauce. Cakes made on the side and homemade vanilla ice cream in the White Mountain ice cream maker rounded out the day. Thank you Paul and Tyler for exceeding my expectations and dreams and thank you most of all for the memories......
My 87 year old grandfather says he has never tasted wings this good.....ROLL TIDE!!

Don't forget to check out Shirley Fabrications at www.shirleyfabrication.com

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 696
Congradulations on the new Shirley pit. They are beyond awesome and as solid as a rock. You made a very wise decision purchasing a Shirley. All the food looks excellent my friend. Back at you brother, Roll Tide!!!!!

oh yeah baby well done!!

one tip on using the warmer as a smoker

put a foil pan on the lower rack or even on the removable baffle

when i used mine the grease drippings got on the floor of the cabinet and started running down the outside of the pit

I use a foil pan now to catch the drippings or the bottom of the charcoal tray

It's really to bad you all had to suffer through such meager fixins:doh::loco:.

Levity aside, that looks like a great cook, and we all around here will look forward to seeing future posts.

Great work!

KC

Good Lord brother you jumped in with both feet...... you can tell although it was your 1st rodeo on a stick burner...... you were not Skeered!!!!!!! Awesome looking... way to go!!!!!!! told you it would be a piece of cake!!!!!

Back