1st cook on Shirley Fabrication Smoker!!

It was a great cook made all the more easy by a great piece of equipment to do it on!
I'm loving my Shirley Fabrication stickburner,it is a real pleasure to operate and the food taste like genuine top quality bbq restaurant food should. Real woodsmoke makes all the difference in the world.

Put it like this,I would give up my Big Green Egg before I would my Shirley Fabrication offset and that right there is saying something for me!! Lol! I'm thinking that my BGE is going to now be a $1200 steak cooking machine....750 degree searing temps would be hard to get in my SF's warmer box...my wife says she is going to learn to to bake bread on our BGE so there's that....lol! I am not kidding,I was down to either buying another egg in the form of a XXL Big Green Egg or a Shirley Fab. So glad I went with the latter! Love it!!!

Awesome. That food looked amazing. My first cook on mine I hadn't run a stick burner in 2-3 years, but the SF just runs so easily. Thought I did a lot of food my first time out, but that was a ton of grub :-D

Paul, I sure hope you like working. If folks keep posting up threads like this you may only get to sleep when you kick the bucket.

Beautiful smoker, and wow what a fantastic looking cook!

Thanks fnbish! I looked at your post many times while I was waiting on mine to be built. That was an awesome cook you did as well. SF smokers are really easy and fun to run. I actually fired mine up later in the week to cook some chicken to take over to the relatives and some more wings for me! I surely love my Shirley!!! :-D

Back