2016 Memphis in May WCBCC Thread

Just added Blue Chair Bay Rum to the product Portfolio for this year. Will have their white rum as well as their Coconut and Banana flavored rums. Apparently they're partnering with Red Bull and we'll be featuring a Red Bull Yellow (Tropical) / Banana Rum / pina colada drink out of a commercial frozen drink machine they're providing.

Will see how it goes!

Wife and I ordered two VIP tickets with parking. They sent us tickets to the Music Festival instead....... :sad: They have admitted the mistake. Hope they send us the right ones in time for us to leave from Houston.

Wife and I ordered two VIP tickets with parking. They sent us tickets to the Music Festival instead....... :sad: They have admitted the mistake. Hope they send us the right ones in time for us to leave from Houston.

Come on by the booth Thursday at 3pm! ALL BBQ Brethren are invited for drinks and munchies at our Brethren Mixer. Booth R88 Riverside North side of the park near the Beale Street Gate.

Memphis in May is woefully behind schedule with some music stages still onsite from last weekend's music festival. As of lunch time they hadn't even surveyed the park to lay down the lot markings for BBQfest. Scaffolding and other vendors are being told they won't be allowed onsite until possibly friday now... which will either push back load in, or create an impossibly congested clusterF##k as teams and vendors all jockey for position around the park.

Shocker...

nothing like a three hour lineup to offload

oh wait that is every year

Nothing like a six hour wait for the park to dry out so they can get loaders that are stuck in the mud out...

Oh wait that is every other year

never mind

I will be coming to MIM this year to check it out. I have always wanted to come and check it out. Hope to stop by if that is ok. I don't post on here much anymore but still compete some.

Looks like they opened up the park to scaffold crews this morning, so HOPEFULLY everything will be back on schedule. We shall see...

Our SP-700 pit has been delivered to us courtesy of the fine fellas at Southern Pride:
13173926_1105813219440403_6818143237967542252_n.jpg

The scaffolding is currently being erected by Midsouth Scaffold:
13133130_1105812332773825_7318449971484020054_n.jpg

Gameday approaches...

Looking forward to seeing everyone down in the mud pit again soon! I'll be down there with the trailer tomorrow evening. Everyone feel free to stop by for a beer or four at spot S306!

Looking forward to seeing everyone down in the mud pit again soon! I'll be down there with the trailer tomorrow evening. Everyone feel free to stop by for a beer or four at spot S306!

Iowa BBQ's crusade to rule the world continues. Good luck!

Back