THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bet it all tasted great but if you had used a Thermapen, an ATC device and a couple of probes, wires and an i-program, I bet it woulda been REALLY good. :wink:

Thanks for showing again that it boils (ha!) down to wood, meat, and know-how. :clap2:

Not a bad consolation prize Cowgirl, if you bait them hooks on the fishin string you wouldn't have to eat them ribs or did some desperados rustle all the fish in Eufaula:p

That really looks like a great time and a great meal Jeanie!

Good to see you btw - I figured you must have been out doing something like this. Looks like summer is going good!

Question - as you're cooking those spares, is there any basting going on or is it just basically flip once in a while and that's it?

Starting a collection to get Jeanie to the North Texas Bash Oct 18th. Will pay your park entrance fee and I would even wear an OU cap (not sure we could get peeps to do this).

My puter is acting up, not sure if this will post.

Thanks for the kind comments everybody!! I had a good time out there and hope to go again soon.

Thank you Ray, Mike Clint, ssv, and Adams!
Phu thanks! Sipped on a few "MINE'S" for ya. :)

You need to adopt me instead. I'll clean the fish too! I'd hit that. Love the scenery. Patience is the key.....with Q and fishin!

Bob
Dang...you clean fish too? I'm sending the adoption papers before you change your mind. lol Thanks Bob! :mrgreen:

Dang Jeanie as usual I'm hungry...........again

You can make the simplest meals look so good!

On the corn, you'll love it with the husk on for cooking! I like to soak it for about 40 minutes before going on the fire/grill.
You'll be hooked after you try it
Dave thank you so much!! I do love corn grilled in the husk too. When I stopped at the store to grab some, all they had were peeled cobs. Have you ever tried frozen corn? I call it redneck corn... throw the corn(husk and all) into a bag and into the freezer. When you want to cook it, place it on the grill still in the husk and still frozen. It works out great! The moisture from freezing keeps the kernels moist and juicy. Thanks again Dave! :thumb:

Fire pit cooking just has something special about it! Looks great as usual.

How did the fishing go?

Smoke Dawg thank you!! I caught a few catfish. Cooked some at the lake and brought a few home. :)

Thank you Peeps, Blue, Adam and Larry!
Blue, you're welcome here anytime!

Thank you Guerry!! The knife is an Old Timer with a Schrade blade. I have a few of them in various sizes and love em. :wink:

I bet it all tasted great but if you had used a Thermapen, an ATC device and a couple of probes, wires and an i-program, I bet it woulda been REALLY good. :wink:

Thanks for showing again that it boils (ha!) down to wood, meat, and know-how. :clap2:
Thank you!! :hug: I'm happy with a stack of wood and a match. :thumb:

Grimm thank you, it was beautiful out there! :)

Bluedawg thanks!! Can you believe it, I've never been to Eufaula!
I rarely get to southern Oklahoma. lol I need to change that.

Thank you Cajun Ty! Just saw your the rib cook you did... Awesome!!

Gary thanks!! I did more goofing around than serious fishing on this trip. lol I figured as long as I had bait in the water I was fishin'. :mrgreen:

Thank you MisterChrister! :hug:

That really looks like a great time and a great meal Jeanie!

Good to see you btw - I figured you must have been out doing something like this. Looks like summer is going good!

Question - as you're cooking those spares, is there any basting going on or is it just basically flip once in a while and that's it?

Great to see you Greg... thanks!! If I remember right, you have a busy summer schedule. Hope all is going well for you!
I didn't baste these at all. Sometimes I do but didn't this time. They turned out great.
I've foiled in the past and got more pull back on the bone and the ribs were fall off the bone tender but I like them unfoiled and just slow roasted without foil. It's my favorite way. :thumb:
Great to see ya. :wink:

Looks great!

Did you catch any fish?

Chris thank you! I did catch a few catfish. Brought most of them home. :)

Thank you Smokoholic and Matt!!

Starting a collection to get Jeanie to the North Texas Bash Oct 18th. Will pay your park entrance fee and I would even wear an OU cap (not sure we could get peeps to do this).
Charles that would be great! Would love to meet all of you!
I'm going to be in that area this weekend. Going to visit some friends in the Denton and Ft Worth Dallas area. :thumb:
As for Peeps... I don't have a favorite team. It drives my friends crazy that I don't pick a side... I only watch the super bowl and that's just for the food and drinks. lol Thanks again Charles.. :)

You had me locked in at BACON DRIPPINGS, as always great lookin cook.

Thank you Novass, I figure you can't go wrong with bacon drippings. :mrgreen:

Very nice cook Jeanie, and showing how to grill ribs. Well played.

that lake always looks huge to me

Bob thank you! The lake is pretty small but there aren't a whole lot of choices in my area of the state. I make the most of it when I'm there. :mrgreen:

George thank you!!! :)

Jeannie - Your camping cooks always come with great serenity - makes us want to take things a little slower! Great looking grub.

Don't you worry some critter's gone sneak up to that low grill and snag your ribs???

Back