THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you dano! :grin:

Jeannie - Your camping cooks always come with great serenity - makes us want to take things a little slower! Great looking grub.

Don't you worry some critter's gone sneak up to that low grill and snag your ribs???

Thank you Jason! I really enjoy camping, it's usually pretty quiet out there.

I haven't had a problem with critters taking food off of the grill (I'm never far away) but the raccoons get into the icechest at night if I don't place something heavy on the lid.
I try to camp during the week when people are at work. Also like to go in the spring and fall when nobody is there. I enjoy the quiet. :grin:
Thanks again Jason...

Thank you Toast!

Adjg, thanks! Aren't they great to have around? :thumb:
I seem to use mine more for camping than at home. I need to use it more often too.

Charles that would be great! Would love to meet all of you!
I'm going to be in that area this weekend. Going to visit some friends in the Denton and Ft Worth Dallas area. :thumb:
Well when you see those friends, tell them you'll be back the weekend of Oct 18th and need a place to stay. :thumb:

Love looking at your tractor rim cooks Jeanie! Makes me want to take a look around our new place for an old tractor rim. It's an old farm so I'm sure there is one around somewhere!

Awesome time Jeanie. Camping is so great and when you cook over and open fire it just make everything better. Yours looks awesome! We don't go camping anymore (I miss it so much) because my wife needs running water and I'm ok with that. So, I have campfires in the backyard and cook over that. Whatever! :) Thanks for the post.

Thank you Terry and Bigbutts! :thumb:

Well when you see those friends, tell them you'll be back the weekend of Oct 18th and need a place to stay. :thumb:
Sounds like a great idea! That's close to my birthday...might have to change some plans.

Thank you Wickedcajun and Tony!

Love looking at your tractor rim cooks Jeanie! Makes me want to take a look around our new place for an old tractor rim. It's an old farm so I'm sure there is one around somewhere!

Great that you have a place in the country USMC, congrats!! Bet you could find a rim there. Thanks! It's good to see ya!

Looks awesome Cowgirl:clap2::clap2:. What type of wood did you use?
Thank you Smokin Ribs! I used a variety. When I loaded the pickup, I backed up to the wood pile and started throwing in anything and everything. Used some of my prized hedge posts, mulberry and even some cottonwood. lol I wasn't picky. Used most of the wood for campfires.

Awesome time Jeanie. Camping is so great and when you cook over and open fire it just make everything better. Yours looks awesome! We don't go camping anymore (I miss it so much) because my wife needs running water and I'm ok with that. So, I have campfires in the backyard and cook over that. Whatever! :) Thanks for the post.

Thanks Marty! I bet your backyard campfires are great!! Nice and relaxing... :thumb:

Back