Some Irish Ingenuity....

BackYardRob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
Seems others have posted projects here, so here's another. Bought a collapsible shelf for my Ronco some time ago. Check it out, I see sun today!! Holy sh*t! Thought it was a good time to install.
So, the thing comes with these crazy long screws and you're supposed to drill through the beautifully painted legs. Why would I do that when there are pre-tapped holes already there, presumably for a condiment tray or whatever?
Before.jpg
So cracked open the shop and made some simple aluminum brackets, allowing for the angled legs.
NewBrkt.jpg
Then located holes for the shelf and assembled.
Installed.jpg
Presto! Up:
Up.jpg
And down:
Down.jpg

Now I'm dying to cook but used up my non-frozen supplies while it rained. Dumbass!! To the store tomorrow, and have an idea for "I'd Hit That!"

Anyway, thanks for looking! And cheers!!

How much did the parts run you? I was just at lowes yesterday looking for some flat stock for a few mods im doing to the Pit Boss KC Combo i just bought on clearance. They wanted $99 for a 24x48 diamond plate piece. No thanks!

How much did the parts run you? I was just at lowes yesterday looking for some flat stock for a few mods im doing to the Pit Boss KC Combo i just bought on clearance. They wanted $99 for a 24x48 diamond plate piece. No thanks!

Material prices are through the roof right now. I actually bought the shelf, complete with folding brackets, on Ebay several months ago. $38 + shipping. It was made for PB700 series, with others available for different models. I decided to use the holes already there so as not to drill into the legs as they instructed.

Sorry. To finish your question, my only investment was the $45 for the shelf and shipping. The 2" aluminum angle and 1/4-20 bolts were from my shop. I'm fortunate enough to have been a carpenter, welder, mechanic and tons more. so I have a very dusty but well stocked shop.

Material prices are through the roof right now. I actually bought the shelf, complete with folding brackets, on Ebay several months ago. $38 + shipping. It was made for PB700 series, with others available for different models. I decided to use the holes already there so as not to drill into the legs as they instructed.

Oh, I thought you made it from scratch, lol. But yeah, $38 is definitely cheaper then what it would cost to make with raw materials, especially if you don't live in China.

My plan was from scratch originally, but the discovery on Ebay made it an easy choice. They also listed a cool thermal blanket for winter cooking I'm thinking about....

My plan was from scratch originally, but the discovery on Ebay made it an easy choice. They also listed a cool thermal blanket for winter cooking I'm thinking about....

Wait till you see the mods i am doing to this PB KC Combo. You are worried about drilling a few tiny holes in your PB 700, I just put three 3 1/2 inch holes in this PB KC Combo, lol.

Nice! look forward to seeing it.

Can you believe they added a grill and griddle with no way to get smoke into the chamber? Well that will not do.........

20230912-232802.jpg

Back