Some Chickenfried Steak

That looks really good jeanie, it would be fun to camp and cook with you some time. :)

That looks really good jeanie, it would be fun to camp and cook with you some time. :)

Thanks Norm! If you showed up at camp, I'd let you do all of the cooking! :mrgreen: :hug:

My favorite breakfast as well. Come to think of it, it tops the list for lunch and dinner too! Looks fantastic. Thanks!

Titch I used bottom round steak for this cook. It needs to be tenderized and it's about 1/4" to 1/2" thick after pounding.
I season the steaks with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a bit of cayenne. Then dredge in flour that has been seasoned the same.
Dip into an egg/milk bath, then into the seasoned flour again. Let the steaks sit while you get the skillet hot. Use enough oil to come up about 1/2 way up the sides of the steaks. Fry til golden.. remove from the oil...I like to leave the cooked steaks on the low-heat side of the campfire to crisp up and catch some smoke.
The gravy is just flour added to 3TBs of the skillet drippings. Cook the flour awhile to get rid of the "flour" flavor, then add milk. (as much as needed to make the gravy as thick or thin as you like). Then season the gravy with salt, a good amount of cracked black pepper. Any steak will work, I use the cheaper cuts for this. Thanks again Titch!

I tried this almost exactly (sans campfire etc) a couple weeks ago and failed miserably :mmph: The wife and I decided it's not worth it for me to make CFS anymore but now I'm motivated again. Nice! :thumb:

Oh stop it!! You're killing me! I was dreaming about chicken fried steak and then I saw this....... I've got to go shopping right now. That just looks great :clap2:

I tried this almost exactly (sans campfire etc) a couple weeks ago and failed miserably :mmph: The wife and I decided it's not worth it for me to make CFS anymore but now I'm motivated again. Nice! :thumb:

Thank you KORND4WG! Hope you have great luck with it!

Oh stop it!! You're killing me! I was dreaming about chicken fried steak and then I saw this....... I've got to go shopping right now. That just looks great :clap2:
We must be on the same thought wave. lol Thanks JB!

That is definitely one of my favorite breakfasts, and your version looks fabulous. I'm sorry, but there aren't many other food items that look as good as a properly cooked egg yolk, really nicely done. I gotta believe the scenery and fresh air, only heighten the experience, very jealous here.

Ohhh nice!

It remains one of my big disappointments with my trip to Texas and Oklahoma, that somehow we managed to almost never eat breakfast anywhere with CFS.

The bigger disappointment was not meeting Cowgirl and Arlin.

Another beautiful cook and post Jeanie... Now that is my kind of breakfast, lunch or dinner.

tumblr_m9e85mctOn1r2zxn0.gifc200_zpsmy0muecz.gif

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20086res_zpss4xotjuq.jpg

slapped some skillet gravy on top...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20087res_zpsvjax3vqd.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20093res_zpsyuhigl4e.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20103res_zpsfs5i5to3.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20106res_zpsbad7r4ly.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Now I have to climb into the car and go to the store, because everything I have in the house just won't do it!

Back