Smash Burgers with a Twist

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I make a lot of smashburgers but usually go with the same ole Oklahoma onion smashburgers like those at Sid's Diner in the Ok City area.

This time I switched them up using Brethren Inthewood's recipe (thank you!)

Went with half beef burger and half hot, spicy Italian sausage. I was worried that the sausage might be too hot for me so I used 1/4lb hot Italian and 1/4lb of mild.

Bagged and blended...

nnQNntq.jpg

N68jfnL.jpg

Sliced some pepperoncini....again I went with the mild cause I'm a wuss about heat.

tQZ10c0.jpg

sliced..

9ICdKS9.jpg

Headed out to the blackstone...

k24abRT.jpg

used my handy smooshing trowel tool...

vcxwNif.jpg

seasoned with smoked SPG blend...

Bs1Jcjz.jpg

Trying for a good "crust"...

OueZysU.jpg

Brethren Inthewood's recipe called for sriracha mixed with blue cheese dressing... I didn't have the dressing so I smeared a bit of sriracha directly on the burgers....and went with crumbled blue cheese instead.

topped with the pepperoncini and onions..

DKbgSt7.jpg

TaR3skh.jpg

toasted my buns....

rACGdbS.jpg

tPFUEUB.jpg

Topped two burgers with blue cheese and the other two with mozzarella..

Q1gB4qO.jpg

H5jnJxl.jpg

52AzrCU.jpg

Covered to melt the cheese...

FOCnsus.jpg

lfeR4tg.jpg

MN5wD8E.jpg

mXHhKbi.jpg

I had my eye on this one from the beginning!

rjaGgV4.jpg

Ended up going with half of a blue cheese burger and half of a mozz..

lQVrYAi.jpg

The heat level was just right, which I liked! They had great flavor and I'm definitely making these again!
The blue cheese burgers were my favorite. I was so excited about tasting them... I forgot the tomatoes and lettuce for trimmin's. They didn't need it though.

Thanks again to Inthewoods for the great idea!! I loved em. :-D

Thanks for looking!

I'll have to search for that recipe. Looks amazing as always.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What is the advantage of smashing vs forming a patty? I seems to me that you lose juices smashing.

^^^I believe there's only one smash at the beginning, & it's about crust formation & probably only done on a flat top.

Anyway - Jeanie! :shocked: Looks fantastic! I'd need one for each hand. Then seconds (well I guess it'd really be 3rd & 4ths :oops:).

Looks like that Inthewoods feller builds burgers as well as he builds houses.

I'll have to search for that recipe. Looks amazing as always.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul! It was mighty tasty. I'll be making these again for sure!

What is the advantage of smashing vs forming a patty? I seems to me that you lose juices smashing.

Yes...what Greg said. It's all about the crust! :thumb:

^^^I believe there's only one smash at the beginning, & it's about crust formation & probably only done on a flat top.

Anyway - Jeanie! :shocked: Looks fantastic! I'd need one for each hand. Then seconds (well I guess it'd really be 3rd & 4ths :oops:).

Looks like that Inthewoods feller builds burgers as well as he builds houses.

Thanks Greg! I really loved the flavors on this one. It would be easy to raise the heat level on them. I am a wuss when it comes to hot food so I cut back a bit. lol Yep...Inthewoods has been holding out on us. :-D
Hope you're having a great weekend! :mrgreen:

My favorite way to eat a burger! Last time I did this was on my kamado joe with the cast iron flat top. Used way too much meat and it flattened out to about the size of your typical pancake lol

My favorite way to eat a burger! Last time I did this was on my kamado joe with the cast iron flat top. Used way too much meat and it flattened out to about the size of your typical pancake lol

lol That sounds like something I'd do! :laugh: Thanks BKING!

I love blue cheese with beef, and those look outstanding!!
Josh, I had no idea blue cheese would taste so good with beef. I'm late to the party. lol Thanks!

lol That sounds like something I'd do! :laugh: Thanks BKING!

Josh, I had no idea blue cheese would taste so good with beef. I'm late to the party. lol Thanks!

Try melting some blue cheese compound butter, on your next steak. The best steak sauce ever!

Those look great! I've yet to do smash burgers.... that has to change.

Thanks Robert! Hope you give these a try sometime! :-D

Try melting some blue cheese compound butter, on your next steak. The best steak sauce ever!
That sounds amazing! Thanks for the idea Josh, I'll be sure to give it a try!

Excelelente Miss Jeanie :hungry:
:grin:

Thanks so much Kevin! Hope you're having a great weekend! :grin:

Oh my Neighbor! I devour one right now. Outstanding as usual. The brand that makes the pepperoncinis is an awesome brand. All of the products are top notch. :thumb:

Back