Review of the Assassin Grill

I'm thinkin with a charcoal maze and chunks distributed throughout it would cook a pretty good brisket Butts & Ribs......

Yup and it has a waterpan that goes in above the charcoal pan to make it indirect - whether you run water or not. 2" gap along sides of water pan which would be front and back walls of cook chamber.

Hold on, pictures of burgers cooking on the grill... Nice. I'm kinda surprised there isn't a new "Just purchased an Assassin Grill" - Started by SmittyJonz at the top of QTalk.

Just messin with ya Smitty! :twisted:

Looks like a great grill for the price. And I agree with Blu, I bet it could make a nice little low and slow too.

I'm not going to lie. If it was shipped and had rub rash or any other defect I would probably cry..lol I treat my 28 like it's a corvette..lol

Keep the pics coming, I might have my wife on board of adding to our arsenal:)

I'm not going to lie. If it was shipped and had rub rash or any other defect I would probably cry..lol I treat my 28 like it's a corvette..lol

Keep the pics coming, I might have my wife on board of adding to our arsenal:)

17 hours one way and 1100 miles, I don't think there is much I can do about except fix it myself. I am glad that I did not pay to have a fancy door, but I might get one now.:mrgreen:

I like the shock door assist. My wife said the door make a thud noise when it closes. It is a nice tight seal and easy to operate. The door handle did get hot, I just used a towel to open and close.

IMG_2585.jpg

17 hours one way and 1100 miles, I don't think there is much I can do about except fix it myself. I am glad that I did not pay to have a fancy door, but I might get one now.:mrgreen:

$350 for shipping is a steal compared to that. Gonna save my pennies and think this will be my next grill for next summer. For the price with shipping cost its compareble to a SS weber gasser.

SG, I'm interested to know your thoughts on low and slow on this grill. How do you think it will do on butts, ribs and brisket?
David

David,
I don't really know yet. I ended up out of town yesterday unexpected, so no cook since the burgers. I am going to cook chicken legs on it tonight, steaks this week and looking at beef ribs next weekend. So, I will continue to review.

I believe it is going to be great for direct grilling. I have the large offset in the background of the pictures that I like to use for long cooks, but I will do an indirect cook with the water pan and minion method just to give a review at some point. Heck, I may even throw on a brisket next weekend with the beef ribs it will be the same smoke profile for me.

David,
I don't really know yet. I ended up out of town yesterday unexpected, so no cook since the burgers. I am going to cook chicken legs on it tonight, steaks this week and looking at beef ribs next weekend. So, I will continue to review.

I believe it is going to be great for direct grilling. I have the large offset in the background of the pictures that I like to use for long cooks, but I will do an indirect cook with the water pan and minion method just to give a review at some point. Heck, I may even throw on a brisket next weekend with the beef ribs it will be the same smoke profile for me.

Thanks! That would be great. I appreciate the feed back and I'm looking forward to the further review.
David

Looks like you are breaking her in right. I love mine. I did a fuse burn on the 4th of july because I was adding different food all day long. It held steady temps all day. Its a nice cooker. Im very satisfied. I use mine about 4-5 nights a week.

Would you be willing to do a biscuit test to see if it has even cooking during your nest smoke?

Looks like a nice rig.

That shipping rub would "rub", me the wrong way.:mad:

Looks like you are breaking her in right. I love mine. I did a fuse burn on the 4th of july because I was adding different food all day long. It held steady temps all day. Its a nice cooker. Im very satisfied. I use mine about 4-5 nights a week.

Can you elaborate what temps did you hold w/ the fuse burn?

Back