A Week Of Birphday Eats

Am i in the minority if i mention i love raw salmon sushi, but i cringed looking at that tuna and salmon photo? What is that, raw fish in a puddle of soy sauce?

Everything else looks great.

What Bill said. And I can guarantee there is no soy sauce anywhere on those two cringy dishes. :biggrin1:

Huge sushi fan and I don't mean rolls but ultra high end omakase sessions from Michelin star Japanese sushi chefs so soy sauce has no place in sushi.

Uni is up there for me

PIkN9Gmh.jpg

d8gdzKhh.jpg

5es4JNjh.jpg

1N6M0hnh.jpg

trtIJihh.jpg

v8vjcPAh.jpg

I think I'm hungry all over again. Happy Birthday! My birthday wish next year is to repeat what you did!

Happy belated birthday!

What a feast - thanks for sharing all this goodness with us, Sako!

VkRX6pZ.gif

What Bill said. And I can guarantee there is no soy sauce anywhere on those two cringy dishes. :biggrin1:

Huge sushi fan and I don't mean rolls but ultra high end omakase sessions from Michelin star Japanese sushi chefs so soy sauce has no place in sushi.

Uni is up there for me

PIkN9Gmh.jpg

d8gdzKhh.jpg

5es4JNjh.jpg

1N6M0hnh.jpg

trtIJihh.jpg

v8vjcPAh.jpg

Well, that is certainly a step above gas station sushi (although I've never encountered that in any convenience store that I've ever been in). I know I'm living a sheltered life here in the land of Milk and Honey. While we do have a small handful of restaurants that feature sushi, I've never seen dishes like you have posted. I guess I need to get out more. Was in Vegas last year at a conference a a vendor took about 8 of us to a really nice sushi restaurant in the Cosmopolitan. None of us knew how to order and vendor asked the server to bring us a good representation of their special items. Took over two hours and oddly, a salad was served last. The bill before tip was $2400 and there wasn't much food placed on the table. We did have drinks. The vendor liked to have passed out. But the food was incredible.

Amazing looking eats! What a terrific way to enjoy and celebrate another year down. Happy birthday Sako!

Bruce

Well, that is certainly a step above gas station sushi (although I've never encountered that in any convenience store that I've ever been in). I know I'm living a sheltered life here in the land of Milk and Honey. While we do have a small handful of restaurants that feature sushi, I've never seen dishes like you have posted. I guess I need to get out more. Was in Vegas last year at a conference a a vendor took about 8 of us to a really nice sushi restaurant in the Cosmopolitan. None of us knew how to order and vendor asked the server to bring us a good representation of their special items. Took over two hours and oddly, a salad was served last. The bill before tip was $2400 and there wasn't much food placed on the table. We did have drinks. The vendor liked to have passed out. But the food was incredible.

Thanks Robert! I bet.

Honestly you can go broke going to these small and hidden top notch sushi places. Almost all are omakase (leaving it up to the chef) and in a single night they don't serve more than 10-15 people. Insanely fresh, exotic and high quality seafood from both coasts and Japan. Like Hokkaido hairy crab from Japan. One night we got served one and the chef said that if you can find another place in LA that serves this crab now, the tab is one me. Usually 10-14 small courses enjoyed in about 2 hours but so satisfying. Hefty tab too at 1400 for 4 people and you're lucky to get in there. Before Bidenomics, the annual cost of the high end sushi among a few of us friends was $30-40K. :tape: The good old days. Waiting on the next administration. :heh:

We almost exclusively stopped getting sushi because of fear of getting mercury poisoning. :laugh:

Last edited:
Happy Belated Birthday. It's great that you and Friends and Family are living life to the fullest.

Mighty Fine Sir.

WOW. That definitely is GOODS EATS. I would be all over those plates- all of them. That is an amazing B Day Celebration
Belated Happy B Day

Happy birthday and great friends and family. Good luck at Barrett Jackson, you searching for anything specific

Back