A Week Of Birphday Eats

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
My birthday celebrations lasted about a week between family and friends treating me and myself cooking a few meals.

Friday night was at one of my brothers' house with sashimi, sake and beers. He loves and makes some crazy good seafood meals and dipping into sushi here and there.

Blue fin tuna sashimi

ECeTIaRh.jpg

Salmon sashimi

ej1kyjSh.jpg

Saturday night my youngest bro and rest of the fam took me out for some more seafood and Asian cuisine. No idea why it's called Boston Lobster but it was farking amazing

8HcU9T8h.jpg

Got one of them bad boys there

3enaisDh.jpg

Turned into the house special lobster :biggrin1:

7woerTWh.jpg

A ton of other seafood dishes, clams, oysters, French beef made with filet mignon below which was off the hinges

CyAm0Qxh.jpg

The day of, which was a Monday, I took the day off and went shopping. Two prime tomahawks and a few pounds of prime tasajo (flap meat cut thicker)

GWO5gImh.jpg

She even got some slices :heh:

km3pj3ch.jpg

On my open face pit over mesquite

oM8nHgNh.jpg

WkHf1HSh.jpg

All that beef disappeared almost immediately

Juzj7Qth.jpg

And of course the bday JD cake from the fam

QxWbR5ch.jpg

Took a few days off and on a Thursday one of my very good buddies treated myself and a few friends to continue celebrating yet again at Houstons :cool:

asT1Bh3h.jpg

We got hammered waiting for our table since it was jam packed :laugh:

SbCYN2mh.jpg

I saw the wood and I knew what I had to order :nod:

YcHYPbsh.jpg

1vqtP99h.jpg

Welp, before I knew it was the weekend again. Having had so much good eats for a week I decided to keep it simple and cook a few things I hadn't in a while

Fried rice with Chinese sausage, pork sausage and shrimp

K8W4QxRh.jpg

Jl0fp0ph.jpg

Served with a side of hot wangs :clap2:

5TlGkVRh.jpg

Then finally this past Sunday I made some spare ribs

WpRaMBPh.jpg

And nothing fancy but some American cheese, Colby Jack, mozzarella creamy mac n cheese

k3sVISah.jpg

Better make some use of my American flag toothpick toppers. I only have a few hundred of them left. :laugh:

uOXN08eh.jpg

Another year has gone by but if I get treated like this each year then I don't mind it at all.

Thanks for lookin!!!

Last edited:
Good LAWD Sako!!!

Some fantastic meals were had!

Happy belated Birthday

Sako, you are a very blessed man to have friends and family that treat you well like that...

Now, how the hell do you get in that circle?!?!?!? (PS I bring Beer and whiskey)

Happy Birthday...I'd wish you the best, but it clearly was :-D

Sako, you are a very blessed man to have friends and family that treat you well like that...

Now, how the hell do you get in that circle?!?!?!? (PS I bring Beer and whiskey)

Happy Birthday...I'd wish you the best, but it clearly was :-D

Thanks fellas!

In all seriousness I'm blessed to have the family I have and of course my friends that are as solid as they come.

Adam, I plan to be in Scottsdale in January again for Barrett-Jackson. Let me get my days figured out and maybe we can do lunch or something. :thumb:

Am i in the minority if i mention i love raw salmon sushi, but i cringed looking at that tuna and salmon photo? What is that, raw fish in a puddle of soy sauce?

Everything else looks great.

Am i in the minority if i mention i love raw salmon sushi, but i cringed looking at that tuna and salmon photo? What is that, raw fish in a puddle of soy sauce?

Everything else looks great.

It will be a dipping sauce, so will have a bit of vinegar in it. And the orange stuff is sea urchin roe, which is nosebleed expensive and (if you like that kinda thing) bloody delicious.

So in my book, the tuna and salmon and the roe are crack cocaine equivalents.

Well Sako, I'd say happy belated birthday, but that would be poster child for 'too little, too late'.

Happy belated birthday, Sako. That is definitely like Christmas coming early for you.

Happy Birthday Sako. Birthday week = Feast week. I want some of everything you posted. I would really like to have your brother's recipes for the sashimi. I love good sushi, but I do not think I have ever had sashimi presented that way. It looks so good.

HBD again.

Back