THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I decided to try out the local "Harps" grocery store at 31st & Garnett in Tulsa, OK. I've been living here a few months and never checked them out because there are so many other grocers around here.

I'm glad I did because to my surprise I found "Ozark Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal" there for only $5.49 for 10lb bag! As a lot of you know Ozark Oak Lump has been the top rated lump charcoal in the nation for a while now. They are so good Hasty Bake uses them for their branded lump charcoal. I was buying all my lump from Hasty Bake here locally cause they are here in Tulsa for $6.29 a bag. But now since I found Harps at $5.49 a bag I'll just buy it there from now on.

I'll take a pic of both Ozark Oak and Hasty Bake lump charcoal bags, side by side, later on tonight.

I went over to HastyBake several months ago to have a look at the Weber 26.75" grill, I'd never seen one in person. While I was there I bought several bags of the lump and some other accessories, it's a nice store. Didn't realize Ozark was the same thing and could be found cheaper, that's great. I used to use the Cowboy lump from Lowes, but definitely like the HastyBake product more, I'll have to check out that Harps. I live in Collinsville, only been here for a couple of years and don't go to Tulsa much if I can find what I want in Owasso. I ended up getting one of those Weber 26.75" models on Ebay for $219 delivered, I love it. My smoker's a stick burner, but I like to mix lump with Kingsford for my grilling. Glad I saw your post on this topic.

I mail ordered Ozark Oak a while back just to check it out. Really great stuff - wish we could get it here - especially at that price!

The contents of the two bags below are the exact same thing (both Ozark Oak) :

29w1r12.jpg

$5.49 left, $6.29 right.

Ozark $5.24 a bag at the Salina, OK Harps Grocery Store. It appeared to be a sale price so it's probably a little higher when not on sale.

I forgot to mention the Weber was NIB also. I saw several sell for a little less than I paid also. I don't quite understand how these can be that cheap as all Webers are basically price fixed.
I guess someone bought them or had them given as gifts and sold them for what they could get?

The Ozark that I can find locally runs about $8+/bag. Wish I could find it that price, I'd load up. I do like it alot though, and always pick up a couple bags when I'm somewhere that sells it.

Back