Ozark Oak Lump Charcoal at Local Grocer

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I decided to try out the local "Harps" grocery store at 31st & Garnett in Tulsa, OK. I've been living here a few months and never checked them out because there are so many other grocers around here.

I'm glad I did because to my surprise I found "Ozark Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal" there for only $5.49 for 10lb bag! As a lot of you know Ozark Oak Lump has been the top rated lump charcoal in the nation for a while now. They are so good Hasty Bake uses them for their branded lump charcoal. I was buying all my lump from Hasty Bake here locally cause they are here in Tulsa for $6.29 a bag. But now since I found Harps at $5.49 a bag I'll just buy it there from now on.

I'll take a pic of both Ozark Oak and Hasty Bake lump charcoal bags, side by side, later on tonight.

I went over to HastyBake several months ago to have a look at the Weber 26.75" grill, I'd never seen one in person. While I was there I bought several bags of the lump and some other accessories, it's a nice store. Didn't realize Ozark was the same thing and could be found cheaper, that's great. I used to use the Cowboy lump from Lowes, but definitely like the HastyBake product more, I'll have to check out that Harps. I live in Collinsville, only been here for a couple of years and don't go to Tulsa much if I can find what I want in Owasso. I ended up getting one of those Weber 26.75" models on Ebay for $219 delivered, I love it. My smoker's a stick burner, but I like to mix lump with Kingsford for my grilling. Glad I saw your post on this topic.

I mail ordered Ozark Oak a while back just to check it out. Really great stuff - wish we could get it here - especially at that price!

The contents of the two bags below are the exact same thing (both Ozark Oak) :

29w1r12.jpg

$5.49 left, $6.29 right.

Ozark $5.24 a bag at the Salina, OK Harps Grocery Store. It appeared to be a sale price so it's probably a little higher when not on sale.

I forgot to mention the Weber was NIB also. I saw several sell for a little less than I paid also. I don't quite understand how these can be that cheap as all Webers are basically price fixed.
I guess someone bought them or had them given as gifts and sold them for what they could get?

The Ozark that I can find locally runs about $8+/bag. Wish I could find it that price, I'd load up. I do like it alot though, and always pick up a couple bags when I'm somewhere that sells it.

Back