THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may be wanting a pizza oven at some point...

I recommend getting one if you are serious about it. However, you can get a good pizza stone/steel and use your home oven for a while to see if it's something you want to pursue more, before dropping the money. You just won't be able to reach Neapolitan temps.

I usually do my NY pies in my home oven. But that only goes to 500. It works, but I wanted to try some NY at a little higher temp. Using the exact same dough, the difference between a 500 and 600 F cook is very noticeable. I much prefer the higher temp pie.

I do everything by weight, % weight of flour to be exact.
Measure everything out on scales.
This dough was a recipe I grabbed from another member on a different site. I adjusted the recipe for 12" pizzas so it would easily fit in my oven. 270gr ball weight for 12".

I'm not very meticulous in my mixing process, I just toss in the dry ingredients followed by the wet. Mix until its smooth. 10-14 minutes in my KA mixer with dough hook. I use instant yeast. If you use Active dry you would want to bloom it in some water first.

I fermented this dough in my fridge for around 20hrs, then at room temp for 5-6. The dough looked about perfect.
Next time I may adjust the yeast down and do a 48hr ferment.

Thanks for sharing I will be trying this recipe

I bought a cheap campchef pizza of of craigs list for $40...time to knock the dust off and make some pies!!

Thanks for the inspiration and dough recipe.

Back