New Thermoworks Wireless remote announced

Any idea if it fits a WSM port?

The diameter of the coupler is 0.345 of an inch.

No go. The diameter of the probe-port nut is 0.330, and the standard Chef Alarm probe, measured at the largest part (the coupler) is 0.345.

It does appear there is enough material in the probe-port nut that it could be drilled to a size which would accommodate the probe.

Any idea if it fits a WSM port?

Sorry, I have no experience with a WSM and have no access to measure one.

What you might try is to get a 3/8 diameter bolt from the hardware store and see if it will fit. While 3/8 is a diameter of 0.375, and is actually larger than the 0.345 diameter of the probe coupling, bolts will always be manufactured to slightly less than nominal size, usually by 0.010-0.025 of an inch. This should make for a rather close "gage" to use. So, if the bolt will insert through the WSM port you can be certain the Thermoworks probe will, too.

Hope this helps.

? My Yoder 1500 came with 2 ports. Is there anywhere you can buy these ports from? I want to add a couple to my Lang 84D

Got a shipping notification on my Thermoworks wireless today. So I guess we won't have to wait until the 20th:-D

That video on the previous page is great, this unit is the real deal...I'm looking forward to trying it out. It's not going to be everything, to everybody...but it looks to be the best entry level option out there.

It looks like a nice unit, but I wish the alarm controls were on the receiver like mavericks. I have mine alarm me early to start sides and I change the alarm to the final temp without leaving the house.

I was just notified of this device which went live on Kickstarter today. It has wifi and for $139 you can get the unit plus 4 probes (there are other pledge amounts also). I'm not sure if I like that it doesn't have a screen though and that everything needs to be controlled from an app, but overall it looks pretty good.

[ame]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lokiproducts/loki-the-smart-wifi-meat-thermometer?ref=nav_search[/ame]

https://www.lokiproducts.com/

Last edited:
That Loki looks sweet! I always have my iPhone close, and the standard wireless thermos don't penetrate a house very far. The WiFi is the way (for me)

Thanks for this link!

I was just notified of this device which went live on Kickstarter today. It has wifi and for $139 you can get the unit plus 4 probes (there are other pledge amounts also). I'm not sure if I like that it doesn't have a screen though and that everything needs to be controlled from an app, but overall it looks pretty good.

https://www.lokiproducts.com/

Too many Kickstarter projects don't produce, and too many folks lose their money...I'll never prepay for something that does not yet exist.

Too many Kickstarter projects don't produce, and too many folks lose their money...I'll never prepay for something that does not yet exist.
I hear you on that. Fortunately everything I've backed has been solid, but I haven't shelled out a lot for a new product like this. I'm debating whether on not I really neeeeeed it but I really do like that Wifi..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I hear you on that. Fortunately everything I've backed has been solid, but I haven't shelled out a lot for a new product like this. I'm debating whether on not I really neeeeeed it but I really do like that Wifi..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Problem is, when it finally becomes a reality, who's to say there isn't something better available? Scheduled ship date is Jan, I've not seen many that actually ship on time.

According to FedEx I should be getting mine today. I will report back with my thoughts on the device. The wife has me pretty busy this weekend, but if nothing else I may do some temp testing on my YS640 with it. I need to see the difference in temps with the baffle in different positions.

I got mine today...:-D. But it does not work:sad:

Base unit seems fine but the receiver never would connect.

Tried everything I could think of, called thermoworks and went thru everything again, no luck. They are sending a replacement

Back