In case you don't have enough toys

This was one of the most disappointing launch emails. Why would you waste 5 years to save 1 f'n second of read time on an already instant thermometer? I thought for sure they were coming out with a wireless option like the meater.

Heck I've been waiting for one of my 2 thermapens to go bad so i could justify getting a mk4 upgrade just for a backlight

I'm still waiting for my 6 year old Thermopop to fail, so I can justify upgrading to a god tier therm that I don't actually need.

I love Thermoworks and will gladly upgrade to the newest greatest model...when I need to. In the meantime, 1.5 seconds is fast enough for me.

The durability of even the Thermopen's little brother is legend. I put my Thermopop through the washer and dryer on accident and it didn't seem to care one bit. (Still reads in 1.5 seconds and I checked it in an ice bath and boiling water ...it's dead on after all these years).

Their products are well worth the money, so if any of y'all don't already have a Thermoworks product, they come highly recommended. I firmly believe everyone should have one. Even if it's the "little brother" to the Almighty Thermopen.

This was one of the most disappointing launch emails. Why would you waste 5 years to save 1 f'n second of read time on an already instant thermometer? I thought for sure they were coming out with a wireless option like the meater.

If I recall the meater still has a probe and the Thermapen has never had wires.

Last edited:
I bought 3 MK4's at the closeout prices, and bought the "ONE" on release day. Looking forward to trying it out.

I for one am glad they came out with a new one…

The markdown on the MK4 enticed me to finally replace my original one, which still works but has gotten a bit flaky, since I sort of got it a little melty.

7486-B410-5-A01-46-A7-ACB4-F4-E35-E55-F78-B.jpg

I'm done with Thermoworks.
They make good products, but I don't like their business model of replacing instead of upgrading products. I think it is a poor model and disrespects the consumer.

Additionally, there are far more economical solutions.

I'm done with Thermoworks.
They make good products, but I don't like their business model of replacing instead of upgrading products. I think it is a poor model and disrespects the consumer.

Additionally, there are far more economical solutions.

How do you upgrade hardware without replacing it? Are you done with cell phones, computers, new cars, appliances, etc. too? You can only do so much with software and most of the upgrades in the Thermapen One seem like they’d be hardware.

I think I’m going to call Chrovolet and ask were my hybrid and self driving upgrades are for my classic Camaro.

Back