New Thermoworks Wireless remote announced

I pre ordered. I almost pulled the trigger on a chef alarm the other day but I talked myself out of it. It will work perfect for my needs.

Good stuff, I'll definitely be buying one. I don't use my Maverick's very often, but this one is just too cool not to own.

They will if they see them :-D. remember that the report post feature is there when you need a mod's help!

As far as the new toy from Thermoworks, they say it is designed for competition cooks, but it only supports one food probe. Most comp guys are monitoring at least two butts and one brisket, some more. I think they missed the mark by not supporting more probes.

That was the first thing I thought of...one of the best features of the cyber q is the 3 food probes.

"As far as the new toy from Thermoworks, they say it is designed for competition cooks, but it only supports one food probe. Most comp guys are monitoring at least two butts and one brisket, some more. I think they missed the mark by not supporting more probes."

Dunno Boss - There's an awful lot of info on that one screen for (2) probes as it is. They might have made the best choice... but at at 99.00 maybe buy a couple of three if you are a "big time competitor" :grin:

The iGrill2 does it with a single line LED display :-D. Just audio to-scroll between meat probes and keep the pit probe up all of the time, and also allow manual scrolling. It all doesn't have to be on the screen all of the time. Or, they can build multi=probe temp display into the upcoming app, but that's hard to do if the hardware doesn't support it.

As far as buying a couple, if I want multiple devices I can go buyers a bunch of cheap remote meat thermometers for $10 at Bed Bath and Beyond and save a lot of money!

I'll admit that I don't know the facts, but the readouts are labelled "Probe 1" and "Probe 2", not "Food Probe" and "Grate Probe". This suggests to me that if you were okay with not knowing grate temp, you might be able to use two food probes. Just conjecture, but I'd think that if one display was strictly food probe and one strictly grate probe then they would label them that way.

but the readouts are labelled "Probe 1" and "Probe 2", not "Food Probe" and "Grate Probe". This suggests to me that if you were okay with not knowing grate temp, you might be able to use two food probes.
Correct. It uses the standard Pro probes that the ChefAlarm & DOT use. Mix & match however you choose to.

In with Ron...4 total probes or a more expensive model with more probes would be nice. Choices are good. My maverick will let me use the 2 probes for meat. My heatermeter has 4 probes.

Hey- I can't answer to why there's not 3 to 6 probe inputs with a scrolling screen to keep up with it all. I also can't imagine that they took this product from conception to production without asking a few in-the-know, hard core bbq fanatics some questions about their "needs /wants".

So- "missed the mark" or "shot and hit what they were aiming at?"

Beats me- but, I'll take one please. And I'm not even picky as to the color options. Bet your butt that complaint is coming in just any time now :-D

ok- I'm still drinking coffee - not quite awake - bear with me.

most time when someone posts "one word: " or "two words: " - it has to be pretty obvious the intent... but I will admit to being a bit thick this morning.

Help a brother out?

:grin:
He's saying (in his own way) that he doesn't need one.
:wink:

I think they built this unit to compete directly against the Maverick.

I don't think they're intending to compete with the Guru or Heatermeter.

Give them time and the benefit of the doubt. Surely they'll come out with a multi-probe unit that uses K-Type. It may take them five years, though...:laugh:

For the price you could just buy two plus an extra meat probe to monitor three hunks of meat and grate temp.

You can add multiple receivers for $45 each and link them to the base as stated on their website

A ruggedized receiver device to be paired directly to Smoke’s base unit with audible and vibration alerts. Pair an unlimited number of receivers to any one base quickly and easily and alert the entire BBQ team.

Nice , but kind of a fail. I sent them an email asking for a four probe etc years ago. I guess they are more interested in producing a cheaper unit.

Was hoping for a four probe monitor with wifi that can use an app software for graphing long cooks. Also missed the mark by not using their higher quality thermometers.

Seems like reinventing the wheel or ... Maverick, with no real innovation.

He's saying (in his own way) that he doesn't need one.

Fella could have just used those words- instead of making me wonder all day

-not like he saved on word count or anything :-D

Probes only offered in 4' cable length. The pro series probes also work with the igrill2

Probes only offered in 4' cable length. The pro series probes also work with the igrill2
That's a foot longer than Maverick probes but 2 feet shorter than K-type probe cords like those for the ThermaQ & TW8060

Back