Must-have cooking gadgets

I'd get a Slow n Sear for the kettle or maybe a good cutting board

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L8BKJY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=amazingribs--20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002L8BKJY"]Amazon.com: John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board with Juice Groove and Pan, 18 inches x 18 Inches x 2.25 Inches: Wooden Cutting Boards With Drip Tray: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

.... Let's see, what else... a water stone for hand sharpening your knives, .........

Ooh Ooh Ooh...... A Work Sharp knife sharpener - only way I could ever get a knife sharp.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WSKTS-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B003IT5F14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474608438&sr=8-1&keywords=worx+knife+sharpener"]Work Sharp WSKTS Knife and Tool Sharpener - Sharpening Stones - Amazon.com[/ame]

If you're looking for smaller items:
14" slicing knife
Garlic press (use this way more than I thought, used to just do jarred)
Nesco roaster

And if you're wanting to go big:
Blackstone griddle
Meat slicer

Mostly echoing others comments.

Food saver
Enameld Dutch oven
Work sharp knife sharpener

Depending on budget, a Blackstone griddle or pizza oven would be good additions to the list you show in your signature line. The pizza oven is pretty amazing

I think I'm going to post a link to this thread on my facebook page with a message "What to get me for Christmas...all of it". Well except for the sharpener, I've got waterstones, and I'm not using a powered sharpener on Japanese steel.

Thanks again for all of the great advice - think I have to go with the work sharp!

Thanks again for all of the great advice - think I have to go with the work sharp!

:clap: Outstanding choice - be sure to read some the Amazon comments as there are lots of helpful tips. The main thing for me was to not draw the blade completely thru the guide and stopping the motor before going to the other side... this prevents rounding the tip of the knife.

Also, don't buy extra belts - mine (purchased at Northern Tool) came with a coupon for an extra set of belts for free. After that you can buy only the grit you need and you'll likely never need more green (most course) belts.

Maybe you should spend a little more and buy quality knifes. I love my Shun knives, and if any of them were to ever loose their sharpness I can send it to Shun for free sharpening.

Maybe you should spend a little more and buy quality knifes. I love my Shun knives, and if any of them were to ever loose their sharpness I can send it to Shun for free sharpening.

Man, I love quality cutlery and it's not just about sharpness. Balance, grip, etc. are all better with quality cutlery.

I will say my WorkSharp has revived scissors, hatches, axes, garden implements and even the occasional metal working project. Then again, I'm a bit of a power tool junkie.
:wacko:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WSKTS-KO-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B00EJ9CQKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474657653&sr=8-1&keywords=ken+onion+work+sharp"]Work Sharp WSKTS-KO Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition - Power Shaper Accessories - Amazon.com[/ame]

You'll want the Ken Onion edition. I use on all my blades, including Shun. An excellent product, and you'll find the guys on the knife forums speaking very highly of it.

Must....................walk away..................from this thread.....................very dangerous.:-D

SMITH adjustable manual knife sharpener.
Will adjust from 14 degrees to 24 .
From Japanese knives to a meat cleaver!
It performs great on my shun to my hunting knives & under $25

Back