THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You certainly know how to work your magic on food. I think you should have your own show on the food network.

Jeanie...did you slice or cut the filet to make it fold over the stuffing??.....also did you precook the rice/leek stuffing BEFORE cooking in th3 salmon?? This REALLY looks like a keeper!

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

or better yet....TV SHOW on the cooking channel!!!!!!

Can I get an AMEN!!!??

Thanks so much Keith!!

I saute leeks, scallions and garlic in butter til tender, then add the wild rice blend, chicken stock, season to taste..Cook it then let it cool in the fridge before stuffing the salmon.

Here's how I filet the fish...

I trim the belly and tail off to make the slab more of an even thickness..

rice%20stuffed%20salmon%20082res_zpspcl4lrh5.jpg

Then make one cut down the middle of the fish (not all the way through to the skin though)

rice%20stuffed%20salmon%20084res_zpsxzs69qau.jpg

I use my filet knife, cut down the side of the fish...not all the way and lay the flap open..

rice%20stuffed%20salmon%20085res_zpsirkmpfga.jpg

rice%20stuffed%20salmon%20087res_zpshxwxfwhk.jpg

then do the other side and lay it open like a book...

rice%20stuffed%20salmon%20090res_zpsk5wn6tsv.jpg

I place the cooled stuffing down the center and cover the stuffing with the side flaps.. I like to smoosh it down a bit to make sure the sides of the fish have stuffing.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if I didn't explain it well!

Thank you for the kind comment too Keith. Very kind of you! I'd rather be camping, fishing and hunting that be on tv. :grin:

Wow great looking salmon! I bet it was amazing stuffed with the wild rice. I could even make that for my wife as salmon is the only fish that she will eat. Like always very nice looking food!

Thanks everybody! You're a kind group of friends...

You certainly know how to work your magic on food. I think you should have your own show on the food network.

Thank you Sir! Very kind of you to say! I like my freedom too much. lol :grin:

Wow! I have trouble cooking in a drum and my offset and Jeanie pulls up an old tire rim and goes to town. Unbelievable girl!

Thanks so much Clay! That little tire rim works wonders....

Fantabulous :hungry: Will this recipe be in the new cookbook?:biggrin1: (hint hint)

lol No telling.. Thanks!

Wow great looking salmon! I bet it was amazing stuffed with the wild rice. I could even make that for my wife as salmon is the only fish that she will eat. Like always very nice looking food!

Thanks so much! The rice stuffing takes on the smoke well. Hope you and your Mrs. give it a try sometime!

Really nice looking cook Jeanie. The post/pics are amazing especially the step by step tutorial on prep and butterflying the fillet.

Always great photography and cooks I might want to do. Just a general question for anyone. How do y'all keep your grill from getting a fish smell on the next cook? I've never grilled or smoked fish due to the fear of the odor permeating following cooks would love some advice.

Back