Hot Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodles Salad

DarkStar11

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Due to life events, I've been away from the site - and outdoor cooking - for a long while now. Recently, things have changed and I'm trying to get back into the groove. My photography mentor isn't here to assist anymore, so my photos are probably back to looking terrible. Maybe I'll figure it out yet.

I saw there was a throwdown about worldly noodles going on, so figured that would be a good place to start. While trying to decide what to make, I came across a Hot Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodles Salad. Sounded good, and I haven't made salmon in over a decade. So here we go...

The players - wild caught sockeye salmon from the Wild Fork Foods that just opened down the street.
1theplayers.jpg

The salmon goes for its final swim in the brine mixture.
2inthebrine.jpg

Out of the brine, dried off, and onto a rack to rest in the fridge overnight.
3brined.jpg

Into the ol' Rec Tec it goes at a smoky 205F...
4inthesmoke.jpg

The Dot says internal temp is 145F - off the smoker and into the fridge to cool down.
5smoked.jpg

We gotta boil the soba noodles...
6noodles.jpg

And in between there and the final assembled pic, the photo documentary was forgotten. Oops! The missing steps were draining and rinsing the noodles, mixing up the dressing, tossing the noodles in some of the dressing, assembling everything in the bowl, and adding some more dressing...
7assembled.jpg

It turned out pretty tasty for my first cook in ages.

That's pretty special Kevin. Gorgeous treatment of the Salmon! I think those Noodles are made in Australia too! Double win!

Cheers!

Bill

Back